SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Generate source mapping error

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Dsatkus asked a question on 19 Jun 2017 7:51 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

whenever I try to generate source mapping (Data import export framework-> Common-> Processing group) I get this non-informative Mapping errors: Vendor$.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Chaitanya Golla responded on 19 Jun 2017 1:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

As the error is not informative I feel due to some reason, DIXF is unable to access the worksheet from the excel sheet. To confirm the issue, please change the sourcedataformat to some other one(might be PIPE) and check the mapping. I feel it would be better to generate source file again(for excel) and provide the mapping.

Thanks,

Chaitanya Golla

Hi Dsatkus,

How does your source file look like? Does it have a sheet called 'Vendor$'? What exact steps did you do?

Chris T responded on 31 Oct 2017 10:08 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

I resolved this by installing the Access Database engine redistributable on the server which hosted the DIXF service, which in my case was a Shared SQL server.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

We found that CSV worked, but Excel didn't which made me think drivers.  The issue was it is a 3 tier, with RDS > AOS > SQL/DIXF so wasn't entirely sure at which point the access was happening

Hope that helps your issue

Chris

Chaitanya Golla responded on 19 Jun 2017 1:19 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi,

As the error is not informative I feel due to some reason, DIXF is unable to access the worksheet from the excel sheet. To confirm the issue, please change the sourcedataformat to some other one(might be PIPE) and check the mapping. I feel it would be better to generate source file again(for excel) and provide the mapping.

Thanks,

Chaitanya Golla

Chris T responded on 31 Oct 2017 10:08 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hello,

I resolved this by installing the Access Database engine redistributable on the server which hosted the DIXF service, which in my case was a Shared SQL server.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

We found that CSV worked, but Excel didn't which made me think drivers.  The issue was it is a 3 tier, with RDS > AOS > SQL/DIXF so wasn't entirely sure at which point the access was happening

Hope that helps your issue

Chris

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS