Write up journal and depreciation in AX 2012

Question Status

Suggested Answer
Rynaa asked a question on 18 May 2018 1:03 AM

Hello,

I have a query regarding depreciation and write up journal.

Assuming the end of the financial year is 30/06(30th June). Does it makes sense to run the depreciation till for the month of June and then do a write up journal (for revaluation the assets ) on 30/06 or should it be made on 01/07( 01 July)?

If the write up journal is done on 30/06, the following message appears:

"Depreciation amounts with a date later than adjustment date of  exist.After verifying the depreciation amounts, you might need to reverse the depreciation and recalculate the depreciation through the depreciation proposal process or manually."

Any configuration that needs to be done?

Thanking you.

Rynaa

Suggested Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 1:15 AM

Hello Rynaa,

I would expect that (a) the depreciation for June is posted and (b) that the revaluations are done after posting the depreciation. That's the process I am familiar with. What I understand is that you already posted (b) and now try to post (a), right?

Can you flip those steps to avoid this message?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Rynaa responded on 18 May 2018 11:06 AM

Hello Ludwig,

Thank you for your mail.

The steps are as follows:

1. Generate the depreciation as at 30/06 and posted

2. Do a write up for the fixed asset dated 30/06 after the depreciation has been done.

My query is should the write up be dated at 30/06 or 01/07

Thanking you

Rynaa

Suggested Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 11:21 AM

Hi Rynaa,

Your fiscal year ends 30/06. I suspect that your auditors want to see the write up adjustment in the old fiscal year and therefore the posting needs to be done on 30/06. Please double check with your auditors that my suspicion is correct.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Daxer Persson responded on 18 May 2018 1:17 PM

If you reverse the depreciation per 30/6, then I believe you can make the write up per 30/6 (and later depreciation).

Not sure about the use/effect of "Create depreciation adjustments with basis adjustment" set to yes or not on the value model....

Suggested Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 1:15 AM

Hello Rynaa,

I would expect that (a) the depreciation for June is posted and (b) that the revaluations are done after posting the depreciation. That's the process I am familiar with. What I understand is that you already posted (b) and now try to post (a), right?

Can you flip those steps to avoid this message?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 11:21 AM

Hi Rynaa,

Your fiscal year ends 30/06. I suspect that your auditors want to see the write up adjustment in the old fiscal year and therefore the posting needs to be done on 30/06. Please double check with your auditors that my suspicion is correct.

Best regards,

Ludwig