SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Get employee Image from AX DB to SSRS Report

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed asked a question on 17 May 2019 2:27 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

HI,

Can any body help I am developing a SSRS report with external data source in DAX 2012 R3.

I want to show employee image on report from AX database but unfortunately image does not show on report,

even i set property of image bmp and one by one set all image  property that is available in report but image doesn't show.

some please help me.

Blue Wang responded on 17 May 2019 4:57 AM
My Badges

Hi MAKDAX,

How do you link pictures? External?
Can you upload your current display and screenshots so that they are clearer?

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed responded on 17 May 2019 11:49 AM

no i want to fetch from database and my query is 

select hcmPersonImage.IMAGE from hcmPersonImage

Blue Wang responded on 19 May 2019 8:37 PM
My Badges

Hi Makd,

What type is hcmPersonImage. IMAGE?
VARBINARY? Then it can choose DataBase to get resources.

They explained in detail the database and the methods of external use as well as some operations.

https://www.tutorialgateway.org/display-image-in-ssrs-report/

https://www.mssqltips.com/sqlservertip/2978/rendering-images-from-a-database-on-ssrs-reports/

I  hope it will help you.

Suggested Answer

Look at the example of salesInvoice report . Simple example to look at  is showing company logo on the report.

Mohammed El-Khatib responded on 21 May 2019 5:03 AM
My Badges

Hi Ahmed,

Can you please provide more information about the report:

1- Is this AX SSRS Report or External SSRS Report

2- Are you using Query Based report or Report Data Provider (RDP)

Thanks.

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed responded on 21 May 2019 10:59 PM

this is External SSRS Report

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed responded on 21 May 2019 11:33 PM

actually i am facing problem to get image from Dynamics AX 2012 R3 database as mention in above snap short.

When i get this image from RDP class(x++) it retrieves easily without any problem.

When i retrive image by T-SQL store procedure that fills report dataset and get image into report, does not show image on report this the actual problem i am facing.

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed responded on 21 May 2019 11:34 PM

actually i am facing problem to get image from Dynamics AX 2012 R3 database as mention in above snap short.

When i get this image from RDP class(x++) it retrieves easily without any problem.

When i retrive image by T-SQL store procedure that fills report dataset and get image into report, does not show image on report this the actual problem i am facing.

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed responded on 21 May 2019 11:40 PM

Blue Wang responded on 22 May 2019 1:13 AM
My Badges

Hi Ahmed,

Use stored procedures to get pictures. In my previous question, I asked you what the format of your Image field is.
Define as varbinary (max).
Then you need to use expressions in the parameters of the data set to get the address.

Please refer this : https://www.sqlshack.com/create-image-cataloging-system-using-sql-server-repoting-services/

MAKDAX2012_Ahmed responded on 22 May 2019 2:09 AM

yes it is varbinary max

but what should i write in expression? in report image filed that tutorial you have shared me not use full for me i tried many times but not avail i tried  image type(png,jpg,bitmap etc.) but no avail.

Blue Wang responded on 22 May 2019 2:24 AM
My Badges

Hi Ahmed,

I'm sorry for missing the previous picture.
Have you checked my last link? Do you have any wrong tips?

Mohammed El-Khatib responded on 22 May 2019 3:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Ahmed,

In your case this is totally related to SQL scripting and not AX X++.

Please refer to the below link on how to show vBinary on SSRS report as an image:

www.kodyaz.com/.../display-database-image-using-sql-server-2008-reporting-services.aspx

Thanks.

Suggested Answer

Look at the example of salesInvoice report . Simple example to look at  is showing company logo on the report.

Mohammed El-Khatib responded on 22 May 2019 3:47 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Ahmed,

In your case this is totally related to SQL scripting and not AX X++.

Please refer to the below link on how to show vBinary on SSRS report as an image:

www.kodyaz.com/.../display-database-image-using-sql-server-2008-reporting-services.aspx

Thanks.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS