AX 2012 Button click events overwrite not found under Action tab.

Question Status

Verified
Asif Huddani asked a question on 19 Oct 2011 6:05 AM

Hello Experts,

I am new in AX 2012.

I am able to modify the CustListPage and add menu and able to overwrite method on that page.

When i want to customize AX2012 CustTableListPage i add action tab and inside that i add button. But i am not able to overwrite any mehtod. Also i am not able to find how to write method for list page new buttons. I also try buttom, command button and other but not working. Check below Image

One more thing i am able to modify AX 2012 custtable form which is only one customer form. and able to write click method. check below image

Please help me what i can do to resove my issue in Image1

I dont know what i am missing or Anything related to licence then please let me know.

I have Partner source licence for AX2012

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 19 Oct 2011 7:08 AM

That's related to a new feature in AX2012 - the ability to use the same list pages both in AX client and on Enterprise Portal. If you change button's DisplayTarget property to Client, you can override button's methods - but you can't use that button on EP any more.

Asif Huddani responded on 19 Oct 2011 7:30 AM

Hello Martin Drab this is new feature but can you give me more material to read and understand this this. At this moment my problem is resolve that i am only using it in Client. Please give me more idea on this feature.

Thanks you so much Drab.

Martin Dráb responded on 19 Oct 2011 11:03 PM

Unfortunately I don't know any complete documentation. Something can be found on MSDN, something in various What's new documents and some parts probably nowhere.

Maybe somebody else has a better answer. (?)

Verified Answer
vkworld responded on 20 Oct 2011 4:02 AM

As per the design of List pages, because the same list page can be used in EP.

There is no way to add the code in the List pages in AX2012.

If we want to add the code for Action Pane menu buttons, we can create a Display Menu Item of type class and link to Menu button of action pane.

Write the logic for handing action buttion code in class.

Eilif Elleby responded on 29 May 2012 7:43 AM

What if it's the btnDelete I want to modify?

I know I can create a new button, and connect it with a menuitem, but what about the shortcut Alt+F9? How do I handle that? I can see no way to overwrite Task-method.

Dileep Gopalakrishnan responded on 17 Nov 2015 4:08 AM

Hi,

I'm afraid you cant do that . for Enabling and disabling button and to set button visibility

we can use List-page interaction Classes  accordingly.

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 19 Oct 2011 7:08 AM

That's related to a new feature in AX2012 - the ability to use the same list pages both in AX client and on Enterprise Portal. If you change button's DisplayTarget property to Client, you can override button's methods - but you can't use that button on EP any more.

Verified Answer
vkworld responded on 20 Oct 2011 4:02 AM

As per the design of List pages, because the same list page can be used in EP.

There is no way to add the code in the List pages in AX2012.

If we want to add the code for Action Pane menu buttons, we can create a Display Menu Item of type class and link to Menu button of action pane.

Write the logic for handing action buttion code in class.