Question Status

Suggested Answer
A.R asked a question on 10 Mar 2012 6:59 AM

Is SQL Server 2012 fully compatible with Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012? So, can we start implementing the current version of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 on SQL Server 2012 with the ability to utilize all the new powerful SQL BI features?

Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 15 Mar 2012 2:25 PM

Hello,

AT this point in time, Development has not released ANY statement of compatibility for AX 2012 and SQL Server 2012 on customersource that I can find.  When it is supported, it will be announced.  I would assume that the announcment would also explain what functionality is and is not supported on SQL Server 2012.  However, at this time, I just don't know what is and is not as we have not been given this information yet.

So, I would recommend watching customersource for more information, as I am assuming this is where the announcement would go out for you.

Best regards,

Bill Thompson

Dynamics AX Support Engineer

A.R. responded on 15 Mar 2012 2:33 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

I've read these two blogs from Microsoft stating that "Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Customers can Benefit from Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Capabilities at General Availability of SQL Server 2012"

That's why I'm doubt if it's fully compatible or not ?!

Blogs:

community.dynamics.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-customers-can-benefit-from-microsoft-sql-server-2012-capabilities-at-general-availability-of-sql-server-2012.aspx

blogs.msdn.com/.../better-together-the-power-of-microsoft-sql-server-2012-and-microsoft-dynamics.aspx

Thanks again.

Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 15 Mar 2012 2:46 PM

Hello,

Convergence in North America is next week.  I don't know (I won't be there this year) if they are going to announce anything there or not.  It would be a good place to announce information like this, so maybe we want to sit on this until next week and see if anything is mentioned at that time.

Thanks,

Bill Thompson

Suggested Answer
Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 16 Mar 2012 6:05 AM

Hello all,

Here is your answer.  They did announce earlier than Convergence:

blogs.technet.com/.../announcing-compatibility-certification-of-sql-server-2012-with-dynamics-ax-2012.aspx

Many people have also asked about this one in the past:

blogs.technet.com/.../announcing-compatibility-certification-of-safari-5-1-2-with-dynamics-ax-2012.aspx

Hope this helps.

Bill Thompson

Dynamics AX Online Support

Suggested Answer
Bill 'Luther' Thompson responded on 16 Mar 2012 6:05 AM

Hello all,

Here is your answer.  They did announce earlier than Convergence:

blogs.technet.com/.../announcing-compatibility-certification-of-sql-server-2012-with-dynamics-ax-2012.aspx

Many people have also asked about this one in the past:

blogs.technet.com/.../announcing-compatibility-certification-of-safari-5-1-2-with-dynamics-ax-2012.aspx

Hope this helps.

Bill Thompson

Dynamics AX Online Support