Question Status

Suggested Answer
Nilesh Tailor asked a question on 11 Apr 2012 8:54 AM

I am trying to Map the Dimension field which I understand is an Array, to CRM using Dynamics Connector. I have tried using the available functions within the connector but have not managed to successfully map this field.

Regards Nilesh

Chris Hetzler responded on 30 Aug 2012 6:35 AM

How are you intending for the dimensions to appear in CRM?

Simon Billeng responded on 26 Feb 2014 1:14 AM

I'm struggling with the same thing.

CHETZLER, if I want it to be 3 lookups or maybe 3 dropdowns on Account and Order in CRM, can I just expose the dimension fields from Customer in AX to the webservice and then manually add all the corresponding values in CRM and map the two?

Would that set the dimensions in AX correctly? I've spoken to an AX consultant who says dimension fields are different from normal fields and the 3 dimension fields combined have a rec ID so I cant really change them in CRM and just map them with the Connector as we usually do with other fields.

Could you provide any insight on this?

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 10 Mar 2014 10:36 AM

Your AX consultant is correct.  These fields come over in an array of string values that could not be easily mapped to drop downs in CRM or changed from within CRM.  You might want to engage with our pro-services team to help out with this using an advisory case or the AX consultant might be able to get this working for you.  I think that you do have options here and could get something working, but I would defer to an AX expert for that work / advice.

Shaun Squires responded on 10 Jun 2015 8:41 PM

Hi, I'm trying to achieve a similar requirement but struggling to retrieve the dimension values in the connector. Did you find a resolution for this?

Regards,

Shaun

Simon Billeng responded on 11 Jun 2015 12:45 AM

Yes, you have to write a custom function for it. You cant just expose the fields on the AX side, unfortunately

Shaun Squires responded on 11 Jun 2015 1:18 AM

Hi Simon, 

I've attempted to create a custom connector function to work with the dimensions elements available in the connector. I can't get it to work though as the dimensions array always seems to be empty?

Can you share your custom function and a screenshot of the mapping?

Many Thanks,

Shaun

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 10 Mar 2014 10:36 AM

Your AX consultant is correct.  These fields come over in an array of string values that could not be easily mapped to drop downs in CRM or changed from within CRM.  You might want to engage with our pro-services team to help out with this using an advisory case or the AX consultant might be able to get this working for you.  I think that you do have options here and could get something working, but I would defer to an AX expert for that work / advice.