Data Migration Framework AX 2012 (Beta)

This question has suggested answer(s)

I am attempting to install the new DMF. Everything is passing on hte Software update checklist except the CIL. I have ran this a few times and I continually receive a CIL generation error: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds. Path that it gives is: \Classes\DMFStagingWriter\execute.

I am also receiving the two following warnings.

1. CIL could not be generated for X++ method: \Classes\DMFStagingWriter\showPreview

2. CIL could not be generated for X++ method: \Classes\DMFGenerateSSISPackage\generateStagingData

We have FP and CU3 installed.

Has anyone ran up against these errors? Trying to see if this migration piece will give us some additional options. Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

All Replies
  • Zach, have you tried running an AOT compile? (From the AOT, not the checklist.) I haven't installed DMF yet, but often the AOT compile will show errors that will block the CIL.

Good luck,

Janet

• Have you had any luck? I'm getting the same error right now. We have FP and CU4 installed.

Appreciate your inputs!

• I am also facing same problem, in case some one has resolved than please let me know the soultion.

• I also faced same issue and fixed it in following way:

Go to AOS Server configuration-->DataBase Tuning-->Maximum buffer size 56

do the above changes on AOS configuration and than compile, synchronize and CIL compile.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

• Hi

Make sure the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll and the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll.config is located in the Client\bin folder.

There should be a copy available where you installed the Client components, normally under

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Data Migration Framework Client Components (Beta)

You need this when compiling.

The same files also needs to be available under Server\bin-folder when you run the Preview within AX and DMF.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no