Question Status

Suggested Answer
Zach Henry asked a question on 4 Sep 2012 2:12 PM

I am attempting to install the new DMF. Everything is passing on hte Software update checklist except the CIL. I have ran this a few times and I continually receive a CIL generation error: Source array was not long enough. Check srcIndex and length, and the array's lower bounds. Path that it gives is: \Classes\DMFStagingWriter\execute.

I am also receiving the two following warnings.

1. CIL could not be generated for X++ method: \Classes\DMFStagingWriter\showPreview

2. CIL could not be generated for X++ method: \Classes\DMFGenerateSSISPackage\generateStagingData

We have FP and CU3 installed.

Has anyone ran up against these errors? Trying to see if this migration piece will give us some additional options. Any help/suggestions is appreciated.

Thanks

Janet Blake responded on 5 Sep 2012 4:45 PM

Zach, have you tried running an AOT compile? (From the AOT, not the checklist.) I haven't installed DMF yet, but often the AOT compile will show errors that will block the CIL.

Good luck,

Janet

Ashwin Raj responded on 26 Dec 2012 10:20 AM

Have you had any luck? I'm getting the same error right now. We have FP and CU4 installed.

Appreciate your inputs!

Pankaj Srivastava responded on 19 Mar 2013 3:09 AM

I am also facing same problem, in case some one has resolved than please let me know the soultion.

Suggested Answer
Pankaj Srivastava responded on 20 Mar 2013 4:14 AM

I also faced same issue and fixed it in following way:

Go to AOS Server configuration-->DataBase Tuning-->Maximum buffer size 56

do the above changes on AOS configuration and than compile, synchronize and CIL compile.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Suggested Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 20 Mar 2013 7:44 AM

Hi

Make sure the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll and the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll.config is located in the Client\bin folder.

There should be a copy available where you installed the Client components, normally under

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Data Migration Framework Client Components (Beta)

You need this when compiling.

The same files also needs to be available under Server\bin-folder when you run the Preview within AX and DMF.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no

Suggested Answer
Pankaj Srivastava responded on 20 Mar 2013 4:14 AM

I also faced same issue and fixed it in following way:

Go to AOS Server configuration-->DataBase Tuning-->Maximum buffer size 56

do the above changes on AOS configuration and than compile, synchronize and CIL compile.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Suggested Answer
Tommy Skaue responded on 20 Mar 2013 7:44 AM

Hi

Make sure the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll and the Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.DMF.ServiceProxy.dll.config is located in the Client\bin folder.

There should be a copy available where you installed the Client components, normally under

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Data Migration Framework Client Components (Beta)

You need this when compiling.

The same files also needs to be available under Server\bin-folder when you run the Preview within AX and DMF.

Tommy Skaue | Dynamics AX Developer from Norway | http://yetanotherdynamicsaxblog.blogspot.no/ | www.axdata.no