AX 2012 Retail POS P job stopped!

This question is answered

Hi All,

I got following error in store server.

Source request handler failed to process source request header:

SCSqlRequestHandlerException: SQL source request handler failed to process request.  OverflowException: Conversion overflows

Can I delete those tmp files in the folder C:\Users\StoreConnectService\AppData\Local\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Retail Store Connect\RENY-DB-SACO\work?

if I delete them, would those data be lost?

any other approach to reslove this issue?

thanks in advance!

Verified Answer
  • 'Conversion overflows  ::'

I am not sure but is your store DB locale and AOS locale same??

Datetime and number setting in the OS of the 2 boxes ie storeconnect boxes of store side and Ax side.

This is a known bug in 6.1 retail until cu4 i guess

In CU4 the storeConnect config file on Store DB side and AOS side have additional setting to force the LOCALE.

If you are in any version later than this 6.1 FPK retail with 6.4 or higher this will not repro. If it repro's the ForceLocale setting is commented i guess.

You can still check by setting both the places same local like US (Number and date in the OS) Restart the store connect services and check, it should work.

To narrow down your issue  please always use the Packet viewer and check the 'I' packets and 'R' packets.

Generally If your store is in EN-US  and AOS store connect box  in something like en-sw, or french the numbers formating varies

en-us line num is like 1.00000000...

French, german and swiss are like 1,000000000...

IF locale setting are not forced  the line number for RetailtransactionSalesTrans etc (Any real value) will cause an overflow error. Same applies for Dates

EN-GB DD\MM\YYYY

En-US MM\dd\YYYY  

if date is higher than 12th of month this will also gives you a conversion overflow.

Hope this helps

All Replies
  • Strange, other stores' p jobs work correctly.  only this store got trouble.

• Hello,

If you end the retail store connect service you can delete the tmp files and the log files. Restart the store connect.

The data will not be lost since it's still in the POS DB.

If you still have the log filles look in the SCMonitoring all the way down if you see an error message.

In the work folder if you still have the xml files look in the last one to be updated. Look at the field it was trying to write and check if the value is in the correct format.

Best regards,

PCO

• 'Conversion overflows  ::'

I am not sure but is your store DB locale and AOS locale same??

Datetime and number setting in the OS of the 2 boxes ie storeconnect boxes of store side and Ax side.

This is a known bug in 6.1 retail until cu4 i guess

In CU4 the storeConnect config file on Store DB side and AOS side have additional setting to force the LOCALE.

If you are in any version later than this 6.1 FPK retail with 6.4 or higher this will not repro. If it repro's the ForceLocale setting is commented i guess.

You can still check by setting both the places same local like US (Number and date in the OS) Restart the store connect services and check, it should work.

To narrow down your issue  please always use the Packet viewer and check the 'I' packets and 'R' packets.

Generally If your store is in EN-US  and AOS store connect box  in something like en-sw, or french the numbers formating varies

en-us line num is like 1.00000000...

French, german and swiss are like 1,000000000...

IF locale setting are not forced  the line number for RetailtransactionSalesTrans etc (Any real value) will cause an overflow error. Same applies for Dates

EN-GB DD\MM\YYYY

En-US MM\dd\YYYY  

if date is higher than 12th of month this will also gives you a conversion overflow.

Hope this helps

• Hi,

Try to check the data in the POS tables, may be you found some records that have incorrect data,

this was the cause of stopping P jobs at my case,

Regards