hide some account for some persons or group of person

This question has suggested answer(s)

Dear all,

is it possible in general ledger (COA)to hide some account for some persons  or for some group of person in AX 2009

All Replies
  • Hi,

You can use Record Level Security in your case. see blow link,

msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa879172(v=ax.50).aspx

blogs.msdn.com/.../steps-for-setting-up-record-level-security.aspx

Regards,

Zeeshan 

AX Techi

• Hi,

Next to the record level security (RLS), you can also use validation of users on the ledger accounts for preventing posting toward these accounts.

With RLS you can filter data, but it will not prevent users from typing the accounts manually in journals.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Andre,

you have mentioned that RLS will not prevent users from typing the accounts manually in journals. Then what would be the best solution ?

• Hi Lally.,

As mentioned in my reply, you can setup a validation on the ledger accounts. It is possible to create a list of users allowed to use the accoutn per ledger account.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

• Hi Andree ,

You mentioned that we can setup a validation on the ledger accounts. Could you explain bit more about how to setup validation  ?

Thanks in advance.

• Hi Lally,

For AX2009:

On the details form of your chart of accounts there is a tab page  called 'Setup'. The field group User contains two fields:

- User ID

- Validate user

The field validate user can be setup for having the following results:

- Optional ( all values also blank are allowed)

- To be filled in (the field is mandatory, but alll users are valid)

- Table (Only the value specified in the field 'user ID' is allowed.

- List (Multiple users are allowed to post on this ledger account. Specifiy the users by clicking the button Validation List, User)

For AX2012:

On the main account form fasttab 'Setup' can you find the user validation fields. On this tab you also have the menu button for the validation list.

kind regards,