Pay Adjustments for weekly Overtime Calculation

Question Status

Unanswered
Candice McClung asked a question on 15 May 2014 2:36 PM

I am trying to calculate overtime hours for an employee based on a weekly total of 40 hours, rather than a daily total of 8. I have setup the pay agreement with a pay adjustment using a base of 'pay time' and I've associated a pay period and adjustment pay types, as the TechNet article suggests, but I am unable to see the overtime calculated correctly on the approval journal. Any thoughts on steps I may be missing?

TJ Phelps responded on 7 Jul 2014 7:56 AM

Did you ever figure out how to do this?  We have the same issue and I'm completely lost as to how to automatically calculate overtime.

Ethan Ong responded on 26 Aug 2015 10:24 PM

Did you set at the Standard Time Overtime/flex limit? Means each time the employee worked more than the limit, it will categorize the hours as Overtime. Go to HR>Time Attendance>Time Profiles>Profiles.

TJ Phelps responded on 27 Aug 2015 10:40 AM

No I didn't, do you know of any "how to" or instruction guides on how to configure it?  I couldn't seem to find anything on TechNet.  I wish Microsoft did what every other company does and produce video's for each section showing how they are used and how to set them up so someone other than the engineer who built them knows how they work.

Ethan Ong responded on 30 Aug 2015 8:19 PM

The time standard time profile is actually  a duty rooster or shifts to be allocated to specific individual or group of employee. This is done when you hire employee, then activate Time registration.

Once allocate, you need to associate with pay agreement. Dont' set any hours let it be 12.00 am to 12.00 am. The only thing you need to assign is the pay type. This is to help determine the pay rate for the time spent.

In nutshell, you can find all the setup in HR>Setup>Time and Attendance.

Secondly go to HR>Setup>Time and Attendance>Payroll (License configuration need to be activated). This is not integrted with US payroll module.

TJ Phelps responded on 31 Aug 2015 2:50 PM

What is the time and attendance module intended to do exactly?  How does it link up with timecard machines and do you have to have a PhD in order to set it up?  I wish there was a manual or easy how-to guide Microsoft would publish about setting this stuff up that wasn't a technical whitepaper.