Question Status

Suggested Answer
Jesper Clausen asked a question on 3 Jul 2014 6:21 AM
Hi, I have a general question to how Kit items are / can be handled in the Procurement module on a Purchase order. I have a Kit item and want to "Explose" it on the Purchase order - I can see on the Sales order there are menuitems for "Kit under "Inventory" where you can see the KIT - But this is not present on the Purchase side ?
Michael Cryer responded on 3 Jul 2014 8:09 PM

Jesper,

Here are a couple suggestions.

Look at the posting thread on this site: dynamicsuser.net/.../76494.aspx

Also, you might be interested in this add-on (www.axtension.com/.../axtension%C2%AE-kitting) which appears to have a pretty robust kitting functionality beyond native AX functionality.

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you...please mark it as 'Answered' so others experiencing the same issue will know it resolved your issue. Thanks!

Michael Cryer | Dynamics AX Consultant (MCP-GP, MCP-AX, MCITP, MCITS)

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 27 Jul 2014 5:32 AM

Hi Jesper,

Please find the useful blog:

Many Microsoft Dynamics AX users have asked for a solution that supports kitting. To support a kitting solution, two primary components are needed:

Configuration of a kit for the order management

An activity that assembles the kit

blogs.msdn.com/.../kitting-in-microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-using-product-configuration-and-sales-event-kanbans.aspx

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 27 Jul 2014 5:32 AM

Hi Jesper,

Please find the useful blog:

Many Microsoft Dynamics AX users have asked for a solution that supports kitting. To support a kitting solution, two primary components are needed:

Configuration of a kit for the order management

An activity that assembles the kit

blogs.msdn.com/.../kitting-in-microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-using-product-configuration-and-sales-event-kanbans.aspx

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.