Question Status

Verified
Sandra Ha asked a question on 12 Sep 2014 7:50 AM

Are the Budget Control tables customizable to allow for more flexibility when choosing a main account range.  We need to extract Main Acct 524020 from the following range and assign it to a new budget group.

I need to change this particular main account range

from 523000 – 529999

to

523000 – 524019 and 524021 – 529999.

Would you know if these budget tables would allow for such a customization or whether it should or should not be altered?  

Thank you!

Sandra

Verified Answer
Kim Kroetsch responded on 15 Sep 2014 8:32 AM

Hi Sandra,

You will need to add 2 budget groups to accomplish this with the second group as a subgroup to the first.  The first group should be created from the root & include the first part of the main account range 52300-524019.  The second group should be added with the first group highlighted in the tree so it will be a subgroup.  It should include the second part of the main account range skipping the main account you do not wish to check for budget 524021-529999.

When budget is checked at the group level all subgroups underneath the top group member will be rolled up to the same group budget.

Thanks!

Kim

Sandra Ha responded on 17 Sep 2014 9:20 AM

Hi Kim,

Your recommendation worked well.  I have tested it in Budget Control Statistics, as well as in a BFA report where we group by the Budget group, and the numbers are accurate.  

I was use to the functionality in GL where you configure accounts, as it allows you to start and stop the account ranges, so didn't think of trying to use a subgroup here.  

Thank you very much!

Sandra

Verified Answer
Kim Kroetsch responded on 15 Sep 2014 8:32 AM

Hi Sandra,

You will need to add 2 budget groups to accomplish this with the second group as a subgroup to the first.  The first group should be created from the root & include the first part of the main account range 52300-524019.  The second group should be added with the first group highlighted in the tree so it will be a subgroup.  It should include the second part of the main account range skipping the main account you do not wish to check for budget 524021-529999.

When budget is checked at the group level all subgroups underneath the top group member will be rolled up to the same group budget.

Thanks!

Kim