Question Status

Unanswered
Daniel Petka asked a question on 6 Feb 2015 12:26 AM

Hi there,

Do you know if there's any possibility to speed up Releasing Picking tickets on 2012? My picking tickets are generated and send to the printer every 12-15 seconds.

Is this something with a server which is holding print reports or this can be set up somewhere on AX?

Thank you

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 6 Feb 2015 1:15 AM

Hi Daniel,

There can be many causes. You have to find the culprit. Is it related to SQL, network, SSRS or execution of AX coding?

You can use the Trace parser to analyse some behavior and focus on the most time consuming parts.

There are some blogs on MSDN related to the trace parser.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Daniel Petka responded on 6 Feb 2015 1:20 AM

Hi Andre,

thank you for quick replay,

Is related to SSRS AX coding.

Guy Terry responded on 6 Feb 2015 3:40 AM

Hi Daniel,

How are you Picking lists being created. Is it from the Sales order, by the user clicking on the 'Picking list' button?

Daniel Petka responded on 6 Feb 2015 3:45 AM

Hi Guy,

No, steps are below.

Stock and warehouse magement - Periodic - release sales order picking. Activate stock and release for print - and have choosed my local installed printer.

I'm printing more than one order/picking ticket at the time

Guy Terry responded on 6 Feb 2015 4:03 AM

Hmm. There is a hotfix for performance of that form (KB2854493), but its related to setting the criteria, so don't imagine it would help here.

I was going to suggest posting the picking lists in batch, but I don't think you could do that if you need to use the Release sales order picking form. As André says, using the Trace Parser can show you what is taking the longest amount of time.

Daniel Petka responded on 6 Feb 2015 4:31 AM

Thank you very much both,