Question Status

Verified
Siva Amaravathi asked a question on 6 Feb 2015 9:18 PM

Hello

I started looking into Dynamics AX and am learning X++ on my own.  I downloaded DAX 2012 R2 from MSDN using my subscription. 

For practice I could use some demo data,  but unfortunately I don't have access to partner nor customer source to download Contoso demo data back ups.

Could anyone kindly share the demo data files with me ?

Thank you

regards

samaravathi

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 7 Feb 2015 3:13 AM

Hi Samaravathi,

The demonstration data is part of an enhanchement plan you could have with Microsoft. This means you need to be a partner or customer to get access to partnersource or customersource where the demonstration data is made available. On MSDN it is not available.

You could try to get affiliated with a partner or customer to get access. Sharing is not allowed as in fact it is not free. Also a MSDN subscription is not free.

I would like to wish you good luck with learning Dynamics AX. If you have specific questions, please return to this community to ask your question.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Siva Amaravathi responded on 7 Feb 2015 11:55 AM

Thanks Andre. I understand.

Looks like I'll have to enter data myself. Actually that'll help me understand AX better.

regards

samaravathi

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 7 Feb 2015 3:13 AM

Hi Samaravathi,

The demonstration data is part of an enhanchement plan you could have with Microsoft. This means you need to be a partner or customer to get access to partnersource or customersource where the demonstration data is made available. On MSDN it is not available.

You could try to get affiliated with a partner or customer to get access. Sharing is not allowed as in fact it is not free. Also a MSDN subscription is not free.

I would like to wish you good luck with learning Dynamics AX. If you have specific questions, please return to this community to ask your question.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Siva Amaravathi responded on 7 Feb 2015 11:55 AM

Thanks Andre. I understand.

Looks like I'll have to enter data myself. Actually that'll help me understand AX better.

regards

samaravathi