Question Status

Verified
Seiji U asked a question on 17 Feb 2015 2:48 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Dynamics AX from MSDN Platforms.

And I have a question as below:

If I am not going to use development tools "Visual Studio Tools", can Dynamics AX be installed normally?

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 17 Feb 2015 3:05 AM

Yes, you don't have to install development tools if you don't need them. That's the usual setup of production environments, for example.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Verified Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 17 Feb 2015 3:20 AM

Hi Seiji,

Yes Dynamics AX can installed normally, If you are not intended to use  development tools for VS, you can skip installation of Visual Studio Tools, just uncheck the box while installing the AX and it will not ask for VS 2010 or VS 2013 as prerequisite.

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Seiji U responded on 17 Feb 2015 3:24 AM

Hi Martin and Umesh,

Thank you for your help.

My question is solved!

Thanks,

Seiji

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 17 Feb 2015 3:05 AM

Yes, you don't have to install development tools if you don't need them. That's the usual setup of production environments, for example.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Verified Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 17 Feb 2015 3:20 AM

Hi Seiji,

Yes Dynamics AX can installed normally, If you are not intended to use  development tools for VS, you can skip installation of Visual Studio Tools, just uncheck the box while installing the AX and it will not ask for VS 2010 or VS 2013 as prerequisite.

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.