Question Status

Suggested Answer
TANKLUNER asked a question on 17 Feb 2015 9:34 AM

After I published the report to Report service, I wanna save it back to AOT. But I don't have the option "Save to AOD", How could I do it.    

TANKLUNER responded on 17 Feb 2015 10:32 AM

Does anyone could answer my question? I will appreciate, thx  

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Feb 2015 2:54 PM

Hi Tankluner,

AX2009 has its own report writer in the AOT. You can create reports in SSRS, but they are not stored in the AOT. The option to store SSRS report in the AOT is part of AX2012 where SSRS is the report writer for AX.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

TANKLUNER responded on 18 Feb 2015 7:32 AM

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your answer. Could I set up a hyperlink to our reports server on the module of client?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 18 Feb 2015 8:39 AM

Hi Tankluner,

It is possible to create menu items which calls SSRS reports. An example is available in the standard. Have a look at the Output menu item "LedgerTrialBalanceSRSReport".

It is using a ReportLibrary. These objects can be edited starting from the AOT in Visual Studio.

For additional help: msdn.microsoft.com/.../cc569485(v=ax.50).aspx

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 17 Feb 2015 2:54 PM

Hi Tankluner,

AX2009 has its own report writer in the AOT. You can create reports in SSRS, but they are not stored in the AOT. The option to store SSRS report in the AOT is part of AX2012 where SSRS is the report writer for AX.

kind regards,