Question Status

Verified
Anna Zhang asked a question on 23 Feb 2015 4:32 PM

Can someone let me know the join relation of  DimAttributeOMDepartment and DimensionAttributeValue? The reason that I want to understand it is  I want to create a Department owner report which has 3 fields (Department Value,  Description, Owner).

I tried to add owner field on the Financial dimension value form. It did added but didn't display any values. The only way that I can find out the owner info is highlighting one department on the left pane of Financial dimension value form then look at the Owner dropdown box at right pane of Financial dimension value form. One department at a time.  If I have a list report has Department value, Description, Owner side by side that will be very nice.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Feb 2015 1:42 AM

Hi Anna,

You can download a whitepaper "Implementing the Account and Financial Dimensions Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Applications" from the next link:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

This gives already some explanaition.

The link is based on the fields EntityInstance and DimensionAttribute fields ni the table DimensionAtrtributeValue.

The EntityInstance is equal to the RecId of the DimAttributeOMDepartment (view based on OMOperatingUnit and some other tables)

The table DimensionAttribute contains information on the backing entity TableId and fields. (Non visible).

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Anna Zhang responded on 24 Feb 2015 7:23 PM

Thanks for your help André!  It worked.

also thanks for the  white paper link too. lots of useful info.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Feb 2015 1:42 AM

Hi Anna,

You can download a whitepaper "Implementing the Account and Financial Dimensions Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Applications" from the next link:

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

This gives already some explanaition.

The link is based on the fields EntityInstance and DimensionAttribute fields ni the table DimensionAtrtributeValue.

The EntityInstance is equal to the RecId of the DimAttributeOMDepartment (view based on OMOperatingUnit and some other tables)

The table DimensionAttribute contains information on the backing entity TableId and fields. (Non visible).

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.