Question Status

Suggested Answer
Anand S asked a question on 24 Feb 2015 1:09 AM

Hi Experts,

How to use multiple tables(having relations) in a single custom entity? I am having purch order header and line table(custom), my task is to import data from excel to Ax through DIXF. I tried to create custom entity, but its only accepting single table. My question is, Do i need to create separate custom entity for both header and lines, or Can we use multiple related table in a single entity? Thanks in Advance..

Suggested Answer
Rik Spoor responded on 24 Feb 2015 1:55 AM

You can allso use views in the DMF wizard.

I don't see a view with just purchline and purchtable. So you'll need to create one.

Personally I have not tried this, I am curious about your findings. Normally I just do two imports for something like this. One for the header and one for the lines.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Feb 2015 2:06 AM

Hi Anand,

There are already standard entities for the sales header and lines. You can load them separately. You can have a look at Composite entities to have them grouped.

Have a look at the next blog which explains this: ax2012dmfdataimport.blogspot.nl/.../microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-dmf.html

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Rik Spoor responded on 24 Feb 2015 2:10 AM

Let's take a note from Andre, Perhaps using the allready available tools at your desposal is easier ;)

Anand S responded on 24 Feb 2015 3:50 AM

Hi André,

The link you provided is very helpful. I will try as you said. Thanks

Suggested Answer
Rik Spoor responded on 24 Feb 2015 1:55 AM

You can allso use views in the DMF wizard.

I don't see a view with just purchline and purchtable. So you'll need to create one.

Personally I have not tried this, I am curious about your findings. Normally I just do two imports for something like this. One for the header and one for the lines.

Suggested Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Feb 2015 2:06 AM

Hi Anand,

There are already standard entities for the sales header and lines. You can load them separately. You can have a look at Composite entities to have them grouped.

Have a look at the next blog which explains this: ax2012dmfdataimport.blogspot.nl/.../microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012-dmf.html

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.