Question Status

Suggested Answer
Rony Thomas asked a question on 1 Mar 2015 4:42 AM

I am using AX 2009. Is it possible to specify a fixed discount percentage for a specific vendor in vendor details so that whenever the respective vendor is used in a purchase order the discount is automatically applied.

Suggested Answer
Anton Venter responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:26 PM

Hi Rony, have a look at the Vendor trade agreements.

Suggested Answer
Guy Terry responded on 1 Mar 2015 2:39 PM

Hi Rony,

Yes, this is possible. Assuming you want to assign a discount to every order line, you could create and post a Price / Discount agreement journal line with

Relation = Line disc. (purch)

Account code = Table

Account selection = the Vendor

Item code = All

Discount percentage 1 = the fixed discount percentage

You would also need to ensure the tick box 'All items' / 'Vendor' was ticked at Procurement and sourcing -> Setup -> Price/discount -> Activate price/discount -> 'Line discount' tab.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 1 Mar 2015 3:26 PM

Hi Rony,

Anton is correct. You can use trade agreements. You can try Line discount or Total discount. If you open the form "Activate price/discount" (Accounts Payable, Setup, Price/discount), you can see which combinations can be made to specify the discount. Also make sure the option you want to use is enabled before you can use the trade agreements.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 1 Mar 2015 3:47 PM

I missed the update from Guy which has about the same addition.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Anton Venter responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:26 PM

Hi Rony, have a look at the Vendor trade agreements.

Suggested Answer
Guy Terry responded on 1 Mar 2015 2:39 PM

Hi Rony,

Yes, this is possible. Assuming you want to assign a discount to every order line, you could create and post a Price / Discount agreement journal line with

Relation = Line disc. (purch)

Account code = Table

Account selection = the Vendor

Item code = All

Discount percentage 1 = the fixed discount percentage

You would also need to ensure the tick box 'All items' / 'Vendor' was ticked at Procurement and sourcing -> Setup -> Price/discount -> Activate price/discount -> 'Line discount' tab.