Question Status

Suggested Answer
Eitan Mizrahi asked a question on 1 Mar 2015 12:05 PM

Hello,

I created a C# library project.

I want to use that library and methods in AX.

Need samples how doing that, and what shall I do in server.

Suggested Answer
Anton Venter responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:13 PM

Hi Eitan, simply add the DLL to the bin folder of the AOS server instance on the AOS server. You could also add it to the Windows GAC, but it must be signed correctly. Then add a reference to the DLL in the AOT and you are set. Remember, client side code won't be able to access the DLL, only code running on the server tier.

You can use the DLL in code pretty much the same way as you would in VS. What exactly do you mean by "samples"?

Eitan Mizrahi responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:42 PM

Thank you.

Shall I add the dll to bin client folder or to bin server client folder.

(C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\<aosname>\bin or C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Client\Bin)

Suggested Answer
Anton Venter responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:48 PM

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\<aosname>\bin. The same folder as the Ax32Serv.exe.

Suggested Answer
Anton Venter responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:13 PM

Hi Eitan, simply add the DLL to the bin folder of the AOS server instance on the AOS server. You could also add it to the Windows GAC, but it must be signed correctly. Then add a reference to the DLL in the AOT and you are set. Remember, client side code won't be able to access the DLL, only code running on the server tier.

You can use the DLL in code pretty much the same way as you would in VS. What exactly do you mean by "samples"?

Suggested Answer
Anton Venter responded on 1 Mar 2015 12:48 PM

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Server\<aosname>\bin. The same folder as the Ax32Serv.exe.