Question Status

Suggested Answer
DAXCRM asked a question on 9 Mar 2015 12:27 PM

Hi All,

I have created an HTML Email template (Organization administration > Setup > E-mail templates) that has an image and some color highlighted information. I would like to use this Email as part of the email campaign. However, when creating the email in the campaign I am unable to select this HTML template. The only options I have are to choose from templates defined in Sales & Marketing Setup. In the S&M setup there is no option to define HTML email template. 

I seem to be missing something that connects these templates. Appreciate any pointers!

DAXCRM responded on 10 Mar 2015 12:00 PM

Does no one use HTML emails?

Iulian Cordobin responded on 10 Mar 2015 2:25 PM

I have also reviewed the e-mail template functionality in the Sales and marketing and I think you won't be able to use the HTML templates from Organization out of the box in this area. Customizations might be required in order to allow this.

DAXCRM responded on 10 Mar 2015 8:25 PM

Thanks for checking the functionality Iulian. Its sad that the HTML feature is available in the product but cannot be extended to Sales and Marketing where most of the customer communication happens.

Can you elaborate on what customization has to be done to use HTML ?

Suggested Answer
Iulian Cordobin responded on 11 Mar 2015 5:49 AM

Well, I don't think I'm in the position to recommend what you should customize in order to achieve sending HTML email instead of simple text (this should be done by somebody who knows what your company flows are); from my (developer's) point of view, I would tap into the form's code where it takes the simple text code and inject instead the html text from an html defined template. But, before you should do this, a functional consultant should validate that you have no out-of-the-box functionality that will meet your requirements.

Suggested Answer
Iulian Cordobin responded on 11 Mar 2015 5:49 AM

Well, I don't think I'm in the position to recommend what you should customize in order to achieve sending HTML email instead of simple text (this should be done by somebody who knows what your company flows are); from my (developer's) point of view, I would tap into the form's code where it takes the simple text code and inject instead the html text from an html defined template. But, before you should do this, a functional consultant should validate that you have no out-of-the-box functionality that will meet your requirements.