Question Status

Unanswered
Rishdin asked a question on 10 Mar 2015 12:37 AM

Hi,

We need to restrict posting of entries. certain users should be able to post JVs, but should not be able to post RVs, PVs etc. Is there a way we can restrict this?

Regards,

Rishdin.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 10 Mar 2015 1:15 AM

Hi Rishdin,

I don't know if we have the same opinion about the meaning of JV, RV and PV, but I think you mean at least journal vouchers and payment vouchers?

You can try two options:

- Add a user group at the setup of the journal names. The user group will have users as members. Only members of the group can see and create new journals where this group is attached.

- Resctrict access by specifying module status per ledger period. Also here you can specify user groups with users attached.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Rishdin responded on 15 Mar 2015 12:58 AM

Hi Andre, Thanks for your reply.

To be more clear, we are looking for two items

1. At the journal level, we would like the Journal names to be restricted to certain users

2. At the Journal Lines level, we would like the Account Type also to be controlled based on user rights.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 15 Mar 2015 9:27 AM

Hi Rishdin,

The first question can be achieved with the first part of my previous reply.

Related to you second question: You can use the button Journal control on the Journal names to add some validations on valid account types and accounts. This is journal based, not user based.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.