Question Status

Verified
Reham asked a question on 15 Mar 2015 5:18 AM

Hi experts.
I want a download link for Visual Studio Tools for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R2 to install it because Application explorer doesn't exist at Visual Studio 2010 .
Please let me know how to integrate VS with DAX using this tool.
(( visual studio 2010 is not installed in the server .I have to install it first , then after downloading VS tool to integrate with ax i'll install the tool .))
Thanks in advance for you help.

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 15 Mar 2015 5:28 AM

Install Visual Studio Tools from your installation files for AX 2012 R2. Please refer to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Installation Guide if you have any question like this. Installation of Visual Studio Tools is on page 223.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Reham responded on 16 Mar 2015 8:09 AM

I have Microsoft Dynamics ax already installed before in the server.

Only Visual Studio 2010 and tools to integrate with ax 2012 are not installed.

Sorry ,but i didn't get solution from the document.

I want a download link for the vs tool to integrate with ax .

I also want to know how can i go to Microsoft Dynamics AX Setup ?

Thanks

Verified Answer
Douglas Noel responded on 16 Mar 2015 8:20 AM

Hi,

you should be able to run the setup from dvd again and add components to my knowledge. The only keep in mind is - if you don't use a actual slipstream dvd - you should run the appropriate binary update (from cu1 or cu7 or cu8, better the binary version your current aos is running ) afterwards to install possible changed parts within the vs tools.

So if you have installed VS2010 (what VS edition you are running?) on your machine you should be able to install the vs tools using the setup???

regards

Douglas

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 16 Mar 2015 8:22 AM

There is no separate download - you need to use the AX installer.

Ask the person who installed Dynamics AX to install VS tools for you. He or she will know how to run AX setup.

Reham responded on 16 Mar 2015 8:52 AM

OK .

So as for tools, ax installer should install them but i can install vs myself and this doesn't require any integration with ax when installing vs .is that right?

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 16 Mar 2015 10:51 AM

You can install and use Visual Studio without AX at all, of course.

But if you want to use the integration between AX and Visual Studio, e.g. to add Visual Studio projects to AOT, you have to install Visual Studio Tools from using the AX installer.

Reham responded on 16 Mar 2015 11:11 AM

Thanks all for you reply

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 15 Mar 2015 5:28 AM

Install Visual Studio Tools from your installation files for AX 2012 R2. Please refer to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Installation Guide if you have any question like this. Installation of Visual Studio Tools is on page 223.

Verified Answer
Douglas Noel responded on 16 Mar 2015 8:20 AM

Hi,

you should be able to run the setup from dvd again and add components to my knowledge. The only keep in mind is - if you don't use a actual slipstream dvd - you should run the appropriate binary update (from cu1 or cu7 or cu8, better the binary version your current aos is running ) afterwards to install possible changed parts within the vs tools.

So if you have installed VS2010 (what VS edition you are running?) on your machine you should be able to install the vs tools using the setup???

regards

Douglas

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 16 Mar 2015 8:22 AM

There is no separate download - you need to use the AX installer.

Ask the person who installed Dynamics AX to install VS tools for you. He or she will know how to run AX setup.

Verified Answer
Martin Dráb responded on 16 Mar 2015 10:51 AM

You can install and use Visual Studio without AX at all, of course.

But if you want to use the integration between AX and Visual Studio, e.g. to add Visual Studio projects to AOT, you have to install Visual Studio Tools from using the AX installer.