Question Status

Verified
jihane asked a question on 15 Mar 2015 2:31 PM

Hello Community,

I am trying to import Products using DIEF and i want to insert data into the ECORESPRODUCT table.

I created an entity and the stagingtable, the entityclass and target entity.

Then, from the Processing group menu, i created a new processing group for this entity.

i was able to insert data into the staging table, but not to the target. when i check my staging table, the field definitionGroup remains empty, i added a relationship to the DMFDEFINITIONGROUP table from my staging, but wasn't able to fulfill the definition group field with the required data.

Also when i am debugging, the method InsertTempStagingTable from the class DMFENTITYWRITER; i found out that the field:

defGroupFieldId = fieldName2id(tableName2Id(_entityTableName), fieldStr(DMFCustomerEntity, DefinitionGroup));

returns "0" .

In addition to this, when i want to insert data into the target, the number of records in the interface remains "0":

Could this error be becaused of the instanceRelationType in the EcoResProduct Table?

May you please help me solve this issue?

Thank you

Jihane

Dominic Lee responded on 16 Mar 2015 2:43 AM

Hi jihane,

The problem might be that EcoResProduct being an abstract table. Try to create custom entity on EcoResDistinctProduct (for Products) and EcoResProductMaster (for Product Masters) instead. Then repeat the setup process and see if it goes through this time.

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
jihane responded on 16 Mar 2015 7:03 PM

Hello Dominic,

I created a new entity(staging, class, query), and it was based on the EcoResProduct. Then i realised that i wasn't able to insert data into EcoResProduct table, since it is an Abstract table. I created an EcoResDistinctProduct object, and i used that product, whenever i needed to implement business logic in my generate methods and whenever EcoResPRoduct was needed. it worked, and i was able to import Product.

Thank s a lot,

Jihane

Dominic Lee responded on 16 Mar 2015 10:28 PM

Hi Jihane,

Glad it works already. Please mark your latest reply as answer so others can easily spot the solution.

kind regards,

Dominic Lee

My blog | PBC

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Verified Answer
jihane responded on 16 Mar 2015 7:03 PM

Hello Dominic,

I created a new entity(staging, class, query), and it was based on the EcoResProduct. Then i realised that i wasn't able to insert data into EcoResProduct table, since it is an Abstract table. I created an EcoResDistinctProduct object, and i used that product, whenever i needed to implement business logic in my generate methods and whenever EcoResPRoduct was needed. it worked, and i was able to import Product.

Thank s a lot,

Jihane