Question Status

Suggested Answer
dada asked a question on 22 Mar 2015 6:57 PM

Can we post sales account in free text invoice?please help me :D 

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 22 Mar 2015 8:06 PM

Hi Dada,

Can you elaborate on your question? A simple answer could be yes, but I think there must be something behind this question. Is the sales account also used as revenue account for sales orders? In that case it is not recommended to post on the same account. If you got any error, please specify.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 23 Mar 2015 5:27 PM

as is revenue account? If so then yes, your invoice will post to a revenue account and be offset by the relevant customer summary account based on the set posting profile.

Free text invoices are the equivalent to Invoice journal in purchase ledger where by you can raise an invoice in the sub-ledger without requiring a linked purchase/sales order.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 23 Mar 2015 5:27 PM

as is revenue account? If so then yes, your invoice will post to a revenue account and be offset by the relevant customer summary account based on the set posting profile.

Free text invoices are the equivalent to Invoice journal in purchase ledger where by you can raise an invoice in the sub-ledger without requiring a linked purchase/sales order.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.