How to change SSRS report design to landscape orientation?

Question Status

Suggested Answer
VDY asked a question on 3 May 2015 9:34 PM

Hi,

I want to modify PurchPurchOrder report so that it will have many columns in the lines table. It will become little wider report due to that.

Hence obviously i want to print it in Landscape and user need not to select 'Landscape' every time from print options.

how to achieve this? I am using AX 2012 R3.

Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 3 May 2015 10:11 PM

Hi VDY,

Open the report design in VS, Select from the top menu Report -> Report properties and then under Page setup, select Orientation as Landscape.

Please verify and let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks,

Baber.

Hassan Ghauri responded on 4 May 2015 12:45 AM

hello

it is very simple

Open the report in VS, Select from menu Report -> Report properties and then under Page setup, select Orientation as Landscape.

regards,

Hassan

VDY responded on 14 May 2015 6:36 PM

Hi Baber,

I did that. but when i print the report using File -> Print  , it opens print dialog box which is windows dialog box and not the AX. Here every time it shows 'Portrait' set as default and user need to set it to 'Landscape'.

Is there anything where user need not to do anything and it will just print in landscape for this report particularly?

Baber Owais responded on 14 May 2015 6:41 PM

Hi VDY,

I just saw what you have mentioned and you are right. So don't change anything on that  Window and try to print the report and see if it is printing in landscape or not?

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Baber.

VDY responded on 14 May 2015 9:35 PM

Hi Baber,

It doesn't print in Landscape. I think as a developer we can't control it. User has to decide every time whether he wants to print it in landscape or portrait. 

I am working on Purchase order report where i wanted to add few columns in existing report and hence it became little wider which can't be accomodated in portrait. so i wanted to make it landscape orientation.

Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 14 May 2015 9:44 PM

Hi VDY,

Check the below thread:

community.dynamics.com/.../106577

This seems to be related to your issue depending upon which version of AX 2012 are you using. Please have a look and let me know if you have further queries.

One option you have is to export the report as PDF and then print it from there and see what are the results.

Thanks,

Baber.

kapil khare responded on 9 Jun 2016 11:13 PM

I m able to changed the reports orientation successfully and also print reports as per current orientation but reports not preview as per current orientation so what we do to change reports preview as per current orientation.

Thanks

Kapil Khare

axie1928 responded on 19 Apr 2017 12:26 AM

I have the same issue. Can you be more specific on how to solve the problem.? 

Thanks ahead.

kapil khare responded on 19 Apr 2017 12:34 AM

Hi,

I assigned page orientation as per page actual heights and weights. that solve my problems. 

I used c# to fix this code.

Please explain us detailed issue. so that we can understand what's the actual problem.

Suresh potlakayala responded on 19 Apr 2017 12:37 AM

Hi,

Can you open new tread for this as new one. Because it will be useful for future reference to other members.

Thanks

Suresh

Suggested Answer
Suresh potlakayala responded on 19 Apr 2017 1:33 AM

Hi axie1928,

we can give solution for you but you cannot verify this tread as answered. then it won't be useful in future. But anyway as Baber Owais said the path : Report -> Report properties and then under Page setup, select Orientation as Landscape. Here you can find screen shots to set the landscape setup.

Thanks

Suresh

Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 3 May 2015 10:11 PM

Hi VDY,

Open the report design in VS, Select from the top menu Report -> Report properties and then under Page setup, select Orientation as Landscape.

Please verify and let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks,

Baber.

Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 14 May 2015 9:44 PM

Hi VDY,

Check the below thread:

community.dynamics.com/.../106577

This seems to be related to your issue depending upon which version of AX 2012 are you using. Please have a look and let me know if you have further queries.

One option you have is to export the report as PDF and then print it from there and see what are the results.

Thanks,

Baber.

Suggested Answer
Suresh potlakayala responded on 19 Apr 2017 1:33 AM

Hi axie1928,

we can give solution for you but you cannot verify this tread as answered. then it won't be useful in future. But anyway as Baber Owais said the path : Report -> Report properties and then under Page setup, select Orientation as Landscape. Here you can find screen shots to set the landscape setup.

Thanks

Suresh