SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Account number for transaction type Sales tax does not exist

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Carlusha99 asked a question on 11 Sep 2015 6:16 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

When i want to settle customer posts either through Customer collect settle open transactions or through a general journal i got the following error message.

"Account number for transaction type Sales Tax does noet exist".

I checked the ledger and customer posting profiles, The details of Sales Order and Invoice behind the open transactions, the Sales groups and Sales codes........

What can it be besides above mentioned?

Greetings

Carl

Brandon Wiese responded on 11 Sep 2015 6:36 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can review your posting profile for Sales tax under General ledger, Setup, Sales tax, Ledger posting groups.

Also, you can add a default main account under General ledger, Setup, Posting, Accounts for automatic transactions, using a Posting type of Sales tax.

Hope this helps.

Carlusha99 responded on 11 Sep 2015 6:47 AM
My Badges

This is all set and checked. I have to add that the functionality did work before, but now we get this kind of errors.

Brandon Wiese responded on 11 Sep 2015 7:00 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Those are all the correct places to set your main accounts for Sales tax transactions.  It's possible you could be doing some virtual tables that aren't supported, or perhaps you made changes on one AOS, but the other AOS still has cached setup records from before the change.  Is there a stack trace with that error?  Can you replicate it in a testing or development environment, and breakpoint it to see where it is occurring?

Zoila Goñi Vera responded on 7 Sep 2016 3:48 PM

find the solution ? i have the same error but for vendors

regards

Abhinay Tharwal responded on 8 Sep 2016 1:18 AM
My Badges

Hi Carlusha99/ Zoila Goñi Vera,

Have you checked this link?

HTH,

Regards,

Abhinay

Elenko responded on 11 May 2017 3:13 AM

Hi. Have the same problem. Nothing mentioned above helps. Did anybody find a solution?

Hi Elenko,

Have you checked the solutions and links provided above?

If your problem is different and not adressed here, please open a new thread and provide some additional information ideally supported by screenprints.

Many thanks,

Ludwig

Elenko responded on 12 May 2017 3:00 AM

Hi Ludwig!

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, i've checked all the solutions suggested.

But i kind of settled the problem myself.

The problem: when trying to post a general journal  i got a massage "Account number for transaction type Sales Tax does not exist".

I got the same massage when trying to invoice a purchase order.

Posting profile for Sales tax in GL was properly set up and default main account in Accounts for automatic transaction was alredy added. But neither of it helped.

Solution: i configured account structures for all the main accounts from the Sales tax posting profile. In my situation it helped.  

Hi Elenko,

You mean that you included all sales tax accounts into a new account structure, right?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Elenko responded on 12 May 2017 3:07 AM

Exactly!

WDT300 responded on 21 Sep 2017 4:06 AM

Having same problem. I also include the sales tax accounts in structure but still ledger accounts are missing during posting. Applies to  both PO and Sales Invoice.

Prathap Reddy responded on 25 Oct 2017 2:00 AM
Suggested Answer

Check the STC number at the time of entry. it is having blank. that's why it is showing error.

Syed Mohammed Faiyaz responded on 2 Jan 2018 1:55 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please make sure the accounts mapped for Sales Tax under Ledger posting group (For Sales Tax) are included in the Account Structure .  
When I face the similar issue while posting Sales Order Invoice, I went back to Account Structures and included the new GL account that I've used in Ledger Posting for VAT. Then it worked for me. 

Amjad44 responded on 21 Jan 2018 3:02 AM

Hi,

i already faced the same problem in posing sales order invoice, after checking the posting profile for the Sales Tax, you need to make sure that the Sales Tax ledger Accounts ( Receivable & Payable ) configured in the account structure.

After that it will be posted without any issue .

Thanks,

Amjad

Brandon Wiese responded on 11 Sep 2015 7:00 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Those are all the correct places to set your main accounts for Sales tax transactions.  It's possible you could be doing some virtual tables that aren't supported, or perhaps you made changes on one AOS, but the other AOS still has cached setup records from before the change.  Is there a stack trace with that error?  Can you replicate it in a testing or development environment, and breakpoint it to see where it is occurring?

Brandon Wiese responded on 11 Sep 2015 6:36 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

You can review your posting profile for Sales tax under General ledger, Setup, Sales tax, Ledger posting groups.

Also, you can add a default main account under General ledger, Setup, Posting, Accounts for automatic transactions, using a Posting type of Sales tax.

Hope this helps.

Prathap Reddy responded on 25 Oct 2017 2:00 AM
Suggested Answer

Check the STC number at the time of entry. it is having blank. that's why it is showing error.

Syed Mohammed Faiyaz responded on 2 Jan 2018 1:55 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Please make sure the accounts mapped for Sales Tax under Ledger posting group (For Sales Tax) are included in the Account Structure .  
When I face the similar issue while posting Sales Order Invoice, I went back to Account Structures and included the new GL account that I've used in Ledger Posting for VAT. Then it worked for me. 

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS