SBX - Forum Post Title

Error while opening Report server URL in ax 2012 r3

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

sanjay.1816 asked a question on 22 Aug 2017 8:30 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi ,

I am getting below error while opening Report server URL.

The version of the report server database is either in a format that is not valid, or it cannot be read. The found version is '163'. The expected version is '162'. (rsInvalidReportServerDatabase) Get Online Help

István Orosz responded on 22 Aug 2017 9:34 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Sanjay,

Please check the following: first, check the ReportServer DB version, upgrade if needed , and check the DB has enough security access?

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../32360.sspr-troubleshooting-the-version-of-the-report-server-database-is-either-in-a-format-that-is-not-valid-or-it-cannot-be-read.aspx

Kind Regards,

István

Vilmos Kintera responded on 22 Aug 2017 3:27 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Someone (or maybe automated Windows update is enabled for non-Windows products including SQL) have installed a patch for your database server, but not for the reporting server. That is why you do not leave Windows update enabled on a database server. Or if someone has patched it up manually, and did not take care of other components such as your SSRS instance, then it is a human error.

Make sure all components are running on the same version.

pooh responded on 17 May 2019 4:54 AM

Hi Vilmos

I have installed 'application hotfix' on verification environment.

But,  during  we are performing software update checklist  , customer decided  not to apply hotfix.

So, I  restored MicrosoftDynamicsAX,

MicrosoftDynamicsAX_model,

MicrosoftDynamicsAX_baseline,

ReportServerDB,

ReoprtServerTempDB  from backup file(.bak file) through SSMS.

but after this , it gave me the error.

I think the applied hotfix effected the environment.

How should I deal with this situation.

István Orosz responded on 22 Aug 2017 9:34 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Sanjay,

Please check the following: first, check the ReportServer DB version, upgrade if needed , and check the DB has enough security access?

social.technet.microsoft.com/.../32360.sspr-troubleshooting-the-version-of-the-report-server-database-is-either-in-a-format-that-is-not-valid-or-it-cannot-be-read.aspx

Kind Regards,

István

Vilmos Kintera responded on 22 Aug 2017 3:27 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Someone (or maybe automated Windows update is enabled for non-Windows products including SQL) have installed a patch for your database server, but not for the reporting server. That is why you do not leave Windows update enabled on a database server. Or if someone has patched it up manually, and did not take care of other components such as your SSRS instance, then it is a human error.

Make sure all components are running on the same version.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS