FA - There can only be one fixed asset transaction per voucher.

Question Status

Verified
Sam Khawaja asked a question on 17 May 2018 6:45 AM

Hi,

I have one journal with one fixed asset where I am trying to make a sale -scrap through FA journal. I get the error message 'There can only be one fixed asset transaction per voucher.'. Not sure what is populating it? Nothing in the journal setup raises a flag.

version : Update15 (7.0.4841.35234)

Thanks

Sam

Kaled Alloud responded on 17 May 2018 8:13 AM

- Please attach a screenshot for the line

- there can be an issue in the way you create the journal line. Try remove the line and create it again.

Sam Khawaja responded on 17 May 2018 8:41 AM

Journal screenshot attached

Ludwig Reinhard responded on 18 May 2018 1:30 AM

Hello Sam,

Can you check how the journal that you use is setup especially the number sequence?

Does it say that only one single voucher should be used or that the new voucher is created in connection with the balance?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Sam Khawaja responded on 18 May 2018 12:22 PM

Hi,

It says new voucher is created in connection with the balance, a screenshot is provided above. Let me know if other areas to check.

By the way I don't have this issue with version 7.2

Thanks

Sam

Daxer Persson responded on 18 May 2018 12:46 PM

You're using a journal of type Allocation. Why?

Thought disposals normally to be done in a FA-journal.

Sam Khawaja responded on 18 May 2018 1:28 PM

It is not allocation Journal, that was the wrong screenshot.

I am attaching screenshots of the journal setup and the posting of journal .

Daxer Persson responded on 18 May 2018 1:44 PM

hmm...

Try create new numbersequence for your (new) journal to get totally different voucher number.

(or at least make enquiry whether there already are postings made with this voucher number).

Not sure why otherwise you would get this error....

Verified Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 19 May 2018 4:49 AM

Hello Sam,

Agree with Daxer Persson, possibly try to setup a new voucher number and test whether his resolves the issue.

This is actually quite interesting because you seem to test in the standard contoso USMF company where things should work out of the box.

If changing the number sequence does not help then probably try a similar posting in a different demo company such as USSI, etc.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Sam Khawaja responded on 21 May 2018 7:28 PM

It worked in USSI however not USMF, despite I changed the sequence number and journal name setup. I will close the case since my orginla issue was to be able to generate a scrap journal.

Thanks

Sam

Verified Answer
Ludwig Reinhard responded on 19 May 2018 4:49 AM

Hello Sam,

Agree with Daxer Persson, possibly try to setup a new voucher number and test whether his resolves the issue.

This is actually quite interesting because you seem to test in the standard contoso USMF company where things should work out of the box.

If changing the number sequence does not help then probably try a similar posting in a different demo company such as USSI, etc.

Best regards,

Ludwig