SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Release to Warehouse functionality in D365

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Deepak Kumar Roy asked a question on 17 May 2018 7:18 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how does this release to warehouse functionality work..

I have seen after creation of sales order normally if you have released the sales order its created the unique shipment ID, but at the same time if you have selected more than one sales order and perform the released warehouse it will create the same shipment id.

Could you please give more shed on this functionality its help me.

Thank you so much for your help !!!! 

Regards

Deepak

Guy Terry responded on 17 May 2018 10:42 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

If inventory can be reserved to the sales order, at the very least, the Release to Warehouse function will create one or more Shipments. It will most likely also create Shipment lines (unless the Sales order was already on a Load, in which case the lines will have been created earlier).

Release to Warehouse will also try to find a Wave template for the Shipment, and if succesful, it could then do any number of other things, depending on the settings on the Wave template.

How many Shipments you get depends, in part, on a parameter on the Warehouse setup form Consolidate shipment at release to warehouse.

There are some internal rules about creating shipments. Only orders released at the same time can be consolidated automatically. Order lines will not consolidate unless they have the same Customer account, Delivery address, Warehouse and Mode of delivery (lines will consolidate if they have different ship dates!). Finally, the above parameter comes in to play. Order lines for different Sales orders can be consolidated on to one shipment if the parameter is enabled (provided all the previous rules are met).

So if you are seeing multiple sales orders on the same shipment, you must have the parameter enabled, and they must be very similar sales orders (same customer etc.)

Deepak Kumar Roy responded on 18 May 2018 4:31 AM

Thank u so much for your Reply  Terry !!!!!

Its cleared the lot of my confusion.

Regards

Deepak

Guy Terry responded on 17 May 2018 10:42 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

If inventory can be reserved to the sales order, at the very least, the Release to Warehouse function will create one or more Shipments. It will most likely also create Shipment lines (unless the Sales order was already on a Load, in which case the lines will have been created earlier).

Release to Warehouse will also try to find a Wave template for the Shipment, and if succesful, it could then do any number of other things, depending on the settings on the Wave template.

How many Shipments you get depends, in part, on a parameter on the Warehouse setup form Consolidate shipment at release to warehouse.

There are some internal rules about creating shipments. Only orders released at the same time can be consolidated automatically. Order lines will not consolidate unless they have the same Customer account, Delivery address, Warehouse and Mode of delivery (lines will consolidate if they have different ship dates!). Finally, the above parameter comes in to play. Order lines for different Sales orders can be consolidated on to one shipment if the parameter is enabled (provided all the previous rules are met).

So if you are seeing multiple sales orders on the same shipment, you must have the parameter enabled, and they must be very similar sales orders (same customer etc.)

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS