Creating Payment Journals via AIF

Question Status

Unanswered
tuscaroratech asked a question on 17 May 2018 9:30 AM

I am attempting to create a Payment Journal (and associated lines) via AIF to satisfy an integration requirement. The account for the journal line is a customer account -- not a GL dimension. In my integration job, when I create the LedgerJournalTrans table record, I pass in the LedgerDimension_Account and LedgerDimension_DisplayValue. I'm using the LedgerCustPaymJournalService.

When the payment journal and line is created, the Account field on the form is blank. In the database, the LedgerDimension field on the LedgerJournalTrans table is a zero. And there isn't a record created in the DimensionAttributeValueCombination table. Of course, this prevents the journal from being posted. 

Am I using the correct AIF service for what I'm trying to accomplish? Is there another call I need to make in order to create the necessary DimensionAttributeValueCombination record and link it back to the LedgerDimension field on the LedgerJournalTrans table?

tuscaroratech responded on 18 May 2018 3:06 PM

Here is a sample of the XML document that I'm sending to the AIF service (somewhat abbreviated):

<CustPaymJournal xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../CustPaymJournal">
	<SenderId xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
	<LedgerJournalTable class="entity">
		<_DocumentHash xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<Approver xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<CurrencyCode>USD</CurrencyCode>
		<DefaultDimension xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<DocumentNum xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<GroupBlockId xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<InUseBy xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<JournalName>CRMPYMT</JournalName>
		<JournalNum xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<Log xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<Name>Customer Payments from TouchNet</Name>
		<NumberSequenceTable xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<OffsetLedgerDimension xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<OriginalJournalNum xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<PostedDateTime xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<RejectedBy xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<ReportedAsReadyBy xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<RetailStatementId xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<SessionLoginDateTime xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<UserBlockId xsi:nil="true" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
		<LedgerJournalTrans class="entity">
			<AccountType>Cust</AccountType>
			...............................................................................			<LedgerDimension>
				<DisplayValue xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../sharedtypes">GEE-000011</DisplayValue>
				<Account xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../sharedtypes">GEE-000011</Account>
				<Values xsi:nil="true" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../sharedtypes" xmlns:xsi="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance"/>
			</LedgerDimension>
		</LedgerJournalTrans>
	</LedgerJournalTable>
</CustPaymJournal>