SBX - Forum Post Title

Payment journal - print destination

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Sam Khawaja asked a question on 13 Jun 2018 11:02 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

When generating a payment in the AP payment journal I need to be able to set the print payment advice where the destination is linked to vendor 's address information email accounts, similar to posting in https://dynamicsaxtips.wordpress.com/2015/04/20/advanced-print-management-using-purposes-and-tokens-to-define-e-mail-addresses-for-print-management/

When I click on edit on the email address field, all what I can do is to define a static email address abc@company.com , but if I enter @confirmation@ as an example based on that one of the vendor addresses is of type @payment@, I get the error The email address in the To field is not valid.

I am not using print management.

Sam

Hello Sam,

Are you referring to D365FO or AX2012? For D365FO the print destination can be setup in the electronic reporting destination form

Via the setting tab you can define how documents such as payment advices are print and send

Best regards,

Ludwig

Sam Khawaja responded on 14 Jun 2018 9:58 AM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

I don't see a way to define how to email out the payment advice  ( AP>Payment Journal> generate payments). Let me know pls. Thanks Sam

Hello Sam,

Can you have a look at the following video that deals with this issue:

https://dynamicsax-fico.com/2018/03/14/storage-and-transfer-of-electronic-documents-by-email/

Best regards,

Ludwig

Sam Khawaja responded on 15 Jun 2018 9:00 AM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

The link is very helpful. I am now stuck with an error, please check the attached screen. Let me know ... Thanks Sam

Verified Answer

Hello Sam,

Have you modified something on the available models and templates?

The covering letter template should actually be included by default.

Getting this fixed requries that you go into the designer and add the template, which might be a bit complicated if you do this the first time.

Do you have another 'freh' environment where you could test this again from scratch?

Alternatively, you can try attaching an default covering letter template. This would, however, require that you design or attach a template that matches exactly the model...

Best regards,

Ludwig

Sam Khawaja responded on 16 Jun 2018 11:53 AM
My Badges

I will try with another environment

Thanks

Verified Answer

Hello Sam,

Have you modified something on the available models and templates?

The covering letter template should actually be included by default.

Getting this fixed requries that you go into the designer and add the template, which might be a bit complicated if you do this the first time.

Do you have another 'freh' environment where you could test this again from scratch?

Alternatively, you can try attaching an default covering letter template. This would, however, require that you design or attach a template that matches exactly the model...

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS