SBX - Forum Post Title

Deleted source code after undo pending changes

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Johnny Almeida asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 1:30 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

Hello,

Does anyone experienced this kind of situation as described below?

-We installed some KB (Prepare step went ok, but apply step had some issues), which added [Add] and edited [Edit] some elements.

We rolled back the "Prepare" check-in and also did the "undo pending changes".

After this, the source code (xml files) have been deleted from AosService.

Ok, if the element is added and you do the undo changes, it is logical that it will be deleted, but what about the edited elements? Why does the undo changes deletes them as well and do not restore the previous version?

Is there any setup somewhere that I miss?

Thanks.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:13 AM

Why did you rolled back the "prepare" check-in in the first place? It sounds like a bad idea.

"Prepare" should mainly add existing elements to version control; which ones were edited?

Johnny Almeida responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:17 AM
My Badges

After "apply" step had the issues, first I did undo pending changes of apply step and then decided to rollback the prepare step too.

There were many edited objects, mainly in Tax and Retail.

For example there were added more values to one of the standard enum. To be honest don't remember object names.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:33 AM

The prepare step is there so you can safely rollback the hotfix. If you rollback "prepare" too, you effectively create the problem that "prepare" is preventing. You should rollback the rollback to get back objects added to version control by "prepare".

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS