"... is not defined" error message

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Johnny Almeida asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 2:20 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

Hello,

I'm having strange issue.

For some Macro values, when I built it says "The Macro "Macroname" is not defined", but I can validate that the Macro and all it's value are in the system.

The error is given during full build.

What can be a solution?

Thanks.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:14 AM

First of all, does your package has a reference to the package containing the macro?

Johnny Almeida responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:19 AM
My Badges

Hi, Yes, I can validate that there is a reference. I also checked the descriptor file and and it looks ok.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:28 AM

Then please show us your code.

Johnny Almeida responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:37 AM
My Badges

Hi Martin,

this is related to another thread that I created: community.dynamics.com/.../284380

It is all standard code.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:41 AM

How is it related? The other thread is about deleted files. If you're trying to compile an application that you know it's corrupted, I think you're wasting your (and my) time.

Johnny Almeida responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:47 AM
My Badges

I just see that elements that are given in error messages as the missing ones are actually in the system.

The other thread is mainly a question why does the undo change deletes the source code from AosService for the elements that were edited and not added

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 4:01 AM

I assume that the delete files means that some packages can't be compiled anymore, which influences other packages depending on them. Fix your environment or get a new one and then try the compilation again; it can't work in the current state.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS