SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Report Methods

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Vignesh R asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 2:53 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hi experts,

I am very new to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Reports. Anyone tell me Explanation of AX 2009 Report methods.

Report Methods:

1)init, 2) Fetch, 3) Print, 4)run, 5) prompt .

How to work with report methods? What to do with report methods? Give a example & Refer me a link .

Thanks in advance and Regards,

Vignesh

Crispin John Augustine responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:02 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Here's the documentation for all methods. docs.microsoft.com/.../aa854897(v%3dax.50)

and here's a very helpful demo dynamicsuser.net/.../basics-of-fetch-method-in-ax-report

Vignesh R responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:14 AM

Hi Crispin,

Thank you Crispin for your response. This link is very helpful to me.

Regards,

Vignesh

Vignesh R responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:17 AM

Hi Crsipin,

I want more example of ( init, print, fetch) methods.

Regards,

Vignesh

Crispin John Augustine responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:20 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

SalesConfirm Report has all those methods, but it is quite big to break down and understand.

fetch() method is the heart of the Report. If you understand this, init() and print() are easy.

Just to help you, in simple words, in fetch() method, you Loop the data, and Control the different sections of the Report (with it's corresponding data)

Vignesh R responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:59 AM

Thank you Crispin for your kind response. For more information, I will contact you in future.

Regards,

Vignesh

Crispin John Augustine responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:02 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Here's the documentation for all methods. docs.microsoft.com/.../aa854897(v%3dax.50)

and here's a very helpful demo dynamicsuser.net/.../basics-of-fetch-method-in-ax-report

Crispin John Augustine responded on 14 Jun 2018 3:20 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

SalesConfirm Report has all those methods, but it is quite big to break down and understand.

fetch() method is the heart of the Report. If you understand this, init() and print() are easy.

Just to help you, in simple words, in fetch() method, you Loop the data, and Control the different sections of the Report (with it's corresponding data)

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS