SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Item doesn't have unit sequence group ID

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

SVB asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 8:31 AM

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi, I am encountering an error saying the Service item does not have a unit sequence group ID even if the WMS is off in storage dimension group and stocked is unchecked in item model group when confirming purchase order.  Do you know how to correct it and what would be the correct setup for this one?

I checked also the combination of setups where WMS is off in storage dimension group and stocked it checked in item model group and was able to proceed with the Service PO. 

Can further explain the correct setup and how it works. Thanks in advance

Guy Terry responded on 14 Jun 2018 4:02 PM
My Badges

Check in a table called WHSInventEnabled... whether your service item has a record in this table. It looks like this can cause AX to think the item is WHS enabled, and therefore that it should check if the item has a Unit sequence group Id.

SVB responded on 14 Jun 2018 8:25 PM

Hi Mr. Guy Terry, thank you for the information. However, the service items I am using didn't exist in WHSInventEnabled table since this is WMS disabled. I am thinking if this is a microsoft bug or there will be a configuration that I need to consider. I read a lot of articles and recommended setup for service items is Stocked = unchecked in item model group. I also noticed that when it is stocked and WMS disabled, no inventory movement in on-hand but you will see that there are inventory transactions associated to service items. Appreciate any response on my inquiry.

Martin Dráb responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:56 PM

Dear SVB, please separate tags with comma, words with spaces and don't prefix tags with #. You attached a single tag #D365 #ServicePO #Nonstocked #WMSdisabled.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS