SBX - Forum Post Title

A control modification's name must be a control in the base form in D365

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Guruprasanna M asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 9:04 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Unanswered

Hi Experts,

I wanted to add one display method in 'BankAccountTrans' form of overview grid, for that i have created new table extension class and added display method (Static). And I have created extension for bankAccountTrans Table and added display method to the Overview group. I have two question here.

1. when i build the application suite model, display field is not automatically populating in Form overview grid.

2. I have created the extension for BankAccountTrans form and restore the overview grid, then i can see the display field but when i am build my solution i am getting "A control modification's name must be a control in the base form"

Gary Tuttle responded on 15 Jul 2018 10:33 PM

I recently upgraded to Platform Update 15 in one of my test environments.  I am compiling some existing code with multiple layers of overlayering and extensions.  I know it's not good and it's being cleaned up a little at a time, but I am getting the same message.  ***"A control modification's name must be a control in the base form."**  It looks like there was an extension done to a customized control on a form.  And I am wondering if the new error is a result of upgrading to PU15.  Has anyone found the answer to Guruprasanna's question?

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS