SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Calculation in Row Definition

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

accountinguser2018 asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 9:59 AM

Question Status

Verified

Hello,

I'm trying to add a calculation to an equity account in Row Definitions. Do I select 'Format Code' as 'CAL'? I would like to just do Account = [xxxx] * tax rate

What's the simplest way to do this? Thanks so much.

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:12 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Yes for 'complex' calculation you must select CAL.

Does it work?

Do you need to show just this % on that row or you need to show your full equity on one row and tax calculation on a different row?

accountinguser2018 responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:23 AM

Thanks for your fast reply. I just want the row to show an equity component * tax rate in one cell. If I use ‘CAL’, it won’t let me enter anything else on that row. Is it possible to have a calculation within one cell or to “hide” the tax rate somewhere?

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:34 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So this is how i would do it.

accountinguser2018 responded on 14 Jun 2018 11:47 AM

Thanks! I'm almost there. My problem now is that the equity line items are correct, but 'Total Stockholders' Equity' doesn't foot correctly. I multiplied an equity account by 80%, and now the total equity is off by 20%. Should the 'NP' take care of that?

The equity total is factoring in the 20% when I don't think it should, so my balance is too high by this 20%.

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 12:03 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Here,

This is just like Excel. You sum rows and eliminate some. TOT is for easy calculations + or -. CAL is for more complex ones with divisions and multiplications..and you must put @ sign before the row number when you use CAL. Otherwise, it will consider your row number as a regular number and use it in the formula as an amount. :) 

But here is what is missing

Please note this as correct answer.

thank you

accountinguser2018 responded on 14 Jun 2018 12:17 PM

Thanks! So helpful!

How did you get Financial Dimensions to say "MAINACCOUNTCATEGORY = [OTHERINC]" etc....? Is this through the Dimension Value Set?

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 12:22 PM
My Badges

Don't be scared of clicking in the cells and exploring. :)

accountinguser2018 responded on 14 Jun 2018 12:35 PM

Thank you.

Setting a column name to be "December 31, 2017", which option would one choose? @EndDate is close, but I'd like the month name. Also, is there a print preview capability so I don't have to wait 20-30 seconds each time to see a change I just made?

accountinguser2018 responded on 19 Jun 2018 6:55 AM

Any idea for this above question from 6/14 10:35am?

Veronika Filonenko responded on 19 Jun 2018 11:34 AM
My Badges

To my knowledge, I believe it is not possible to have the date written this way December 31, 2017. 

And no there is no way to preview, you need to generate each time. I know it is a long process. But it is a normal process. Once you know the tool, you will set your reports once and for all. And you wont need search anymore. But you must go through the process. 

Sorry :) 

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:12 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Yes for 'complex' calculation you must select CAL.

Does it work?

Do you need to show just this % on that row or you need to show your full equity on one row and tax calculation on a different row?

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:34 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

So this is how i would do it.

Veronika Filonenko responded on 14 Jun 2018 12:03 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Here,

This is just like Excel. You sum rows and eliminate some. TOT is for easy calculations + or -. CAL is for more complex ones with divisions and multiplications..and you must put @ sign before the row number when you use CAL. Otherwise, it will consider your row number as a regular number and use it in the formula as an amount. :) 

But here is what is missing

Please note this as correct answer.

thank you

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS