SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Production order Lead Time

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

DAX_ajsqd2 asked a question on 14 Jun 2018 10:53 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

We are using AX 2012 R3 CU8, wondering if there is a way to calculate how long the total lead time is required for a production build with multiple assemblies. I.e. There is a part with 5 sub-assemblies with each assembly taking a different amount of time. Within those sub assemblies there are items with dates that vary from 1 day to 200 day lead times. If all items and BOMs are set up with a correct lead times, is there a way to simulate how long it will take to deliver?

Rahul Shah responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:15 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If item is on a sales line you can run the CTP (Capable to Promise) delivery date control and that would get you the estimated delivery date based on the lead time of a BOM item, machine capacity etc.

If you created a manual production order for an item, you need to estimate the order and run the explosion and that will do the same as CTP.

Alternatively, you can create a manual planned production order for an item.

Rahul Shah responded on 14 Jun 2018 10:15 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

If item is on a sales line you can run the CTP (Capable to Promise) delivery date control and that would get you the estimated delivery date based on the lead time of a BOM item, machine capacity etc.

If you created a manual production order for an item, you need to estimate the order and run the explosion and that will do the same as CTP.

Alternatively, you can create a manual planned production order for an item.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS