Try Microsoft Edge
A fast and secure browser that's designed for Windows 10
Our AP team had reported seeing invoice activity for a common vendor listed in one or more AX entities. They all share a common party ID in the global address book but have unique vendor ID's in their respective companies (we do not have centralized AP functions) however, since our latest refresh events (maybe - can't say that for sure) it appears this is no longer happening or able to be recreated, even after performing the test below.
That said, is there a setting or a prerequisite to seeing information presented this way? I would have thought they would have had to have been joined by common party ID at minimum, but this is not providing the desired outcome - seeing all vendor open transactions across company.
AP Screenshot from test (shows vendor activity from multiple companies - "1000-...", "1001-...", "1003-...")
Global Address book view for vendors above:
1. Created new party record in GA book
2. Created two new vendors from party record in two different AP companies (both were assigned unique company specific ID's)
3. Created posted invoice history for both
4. Reviewed Settle Open Transaction history - only saw relevant transactions by company, not x-company.
1) what is your expectation? do you want to see transactions from all companies when you open form?
2) how you navigate to this form?
1. Yes, that would be the desired result - exactly how it is depicted in the 1st screenshot.
2. I would think AP rep would navigate to this screen from the vendor record itself within the AP module.
What was the 'latest refresh event' you mentioned?
What has been changed?
We went from CU8 to CU13 recently, which may have impacted things, but unsure. However that refresh may have already been applied in TEST when AP reported this functionality difference. Either way it's not happening now and we promoted model store from Test.
i have tested this on standard contoso system R3-CU9 an It worked. only thing that was required to add in standard contoso data is to include companies under organizational hierarchy. you may need to review your
1) setup technet.microsoft.com/.../gg230990.aspx
2) make sure that configuration key is enabled named as Inter-company Accounting (this comes under general ledger advance)
as you have upgraded the system, so debugging can be helpful for such case, if you have a developer.
Thanks. So, we did have consultants on site during this time, and I believe they had demoed centralized payments in our test environment, so perhaps they had configured something that allowed for this view. To conclude, am I hearing that for this option/view to be available you must have configured centralized vendor payments?
Business Applications communities