SBX - Forum Post Title

Inquiry: Project Management and Accounting Parameters

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Edmond Ingua asked a question on 12 Jul 2018 5:11 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi everyone,

We have been using the Item Consumption functionality for both our service and warehouse (stock) items previously.  We have not monitored our stock items ever since thus we recognize the expense (in full) as it was consumed.  Now, we want to make use of the Item requirement functionality for those stock items we want to consume when it is just needed thus recognizing the relevant cost when consumed as well.

What will be the effect if both the Create item requirement and Item Consumption box is checked?

Best regards,
Edmond

Verified Answer

Hello Edmond,

The effect of checking both parameters is that the item consumption will be posted with the purchase order packing slip.

That is, at the time you post the packing slip, a first transaction will be recorded that increases your inventory.

At the same time a second transaction will be created the reduces the inventory and consumes the goods for your project.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Edmond Ingua responded on 12 Jul 2018 8:06 PM
My Badges

Hi Ludwig,

Then what should we do in order to maintain the item consumption functionality and consume others only when needed?

Best regards,
Edmond

Verified Answer

Hello Edmond,

I would not change the parameter setup because item requirements also work without those parameters activated.

The main difference is that those parameters create them automatically for you.

If you do not use those parameters you can, however, still use item requirements and create them e.g. manually for your project.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hello Edmond,

The effect of checking both parameters is that the item consumption will be posted with the purchase order packing slip.

That is, at the time you post the packing slip, a first transaction will be recorded that increases your inventory.

At the same time a second transaction will be created the reduces the inventory and consumes the goods for your project.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Verified Answer

Hello Edmond,

I would not change the parameter setup because item requirements also work without those parameters activated.

The main difference is that those parameters create them automatically for you.

If you do not use those parameters you can, however, still use item requirements and create them e.g. manually for your project.

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS