SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Location Stocking Limits in AX 2012 R3

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Neeta asked a question on 9 Aug 2018 7:51 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

I have set a location stocking limit in the warehouse management and have raised a PO for this item considering that it should be received in the set location. As I understood, the system should verify the stocking limit in the location selected on the PO and should not allow to stock more than the limit set. How do I set this up because now the PO is received and all the items are showing as on hand in the location I had selected which seems incorrect against the settings.

Please guide to setup the stocking limit check while receiving the stock for any inbound order and how to setup the item to move to the next available location.

Much appreciate the help.

Thank you,

Neeta

Ananda Sunil responded on 10 Aug 2018 12:19 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hai Neeta,

Could you please share me the screenshot of item stocking which u had did in the setup. So it will be helpful to give exact solution.

Regards

Sunil

Crispin John Augustine responded on 10 Aug 2018 1:56 AM
My Badges

You can try using the Standard function at  Product Information Management >> Released Products >> Manage inventory (button group) >> Site specific order Settings >> and select a site and warehouse.

If you additionally Need a Location as well, you can try extending this functionality with some development.

Ananda Sunil responded on 10 Aug 2018 12:19 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hai Neeta,

Could you please share me the screenshot of item stocking which u had did in the setup. So it will be helpful to give exact solution.

Regards

Sunil

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS