SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to add a new Default financial dimension?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Kim Johnson asked a question on 9 Aug 2018 10:34 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All, 

How do I add a new Default financial dimension.  Please see screen shot 2.  I need one more line.  Thanks.

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim,

There is a 1:1 relationship between you ledger account and the default financial dimension that is setup at the ledger account level.

Meaning that you can setup only a single default worker financial dimension.

What do you try to achieve with this default setup?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Kim Johnson responded on 10 Aug 2018 12:45 AM
My Badges

Thanks, Ludwig for you feedback.  I try to test intercompany using a legal entity as a default financial dimension.  Then pay using centralized payment.  

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim,

Intercompany is something 'special' when it comes to financial dimensions becaue there is no default cross-company inheritance of financial dimension values.

Do you try to post intercompany trade transactions (POs and SOs) or some other kind of intercompany transactions?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim,

There is a 1:1 relationship between you ledger account and the default financial dimension that is setup at the ledger account level.

Meaning that you can setup only a single default worker financial dimension.

What do you try to achieve with this default setup?

Best regards,

Ludwig

Suggested Answer

Hello Kim,

Intercompany is something 'special' when it comes to financial dimensions becaue there is no default cross-company inheritance of financial dimension values.

Do you try to post intercompany trade transactions (POs and SOs) or some other kind of intercompany transactions?

Best regards,

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS