SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to "refresh" DataSetView for Enterprise Portal?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

a-kow asked a question on 10 Aug 2018 3:47 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hello, 

I am developing some new features for Enterprise Portal and I stucked yesterday. 

I am working with EPSalesTableCreate (creating new sales order) web control, which uses EPSalesTableCreate data set, which includes SalesBasket table (SalesTable, SalesBasketLine, InventDim also...). I added a new field in SalesBasket table and now it is visible in AX2012 if we go to Data Sets/EPSalesTableCreate/Data Sources/SalesBasket/Fields. I want to add this field at Enterprise Portal, but I cannot select it in designer mode and if it is added through code, I am getting an error "Field ... does not exist in SalesTable data set view.". 

Can you help me, how to "refresh" SalesTable data set view or how to add this field there? 

I have already tried genereating CIL, synchronizing DB, restarting SQL Server, generating web controls proxy, almost everything, but there has to be something that I am missing.

Thank you! 

Crispin John Augustine responded on 10 Aug 2018 3:56 AM
My Badges

Close visual Studio, clear the *.auc files and reopen Visual Studio, you will most likely see the field in the dataset, and can use in the design.

Sometimes AOS restart fixes such Problems too.. (In 2009, an AOD / Dictionary refresh worked occassionally too)

Deepak Agarwal responded on 10 Aug 2018 6:11 AM
My Badges

If you want to clear AUC files here is the link for how to do it,

www.theaxapta.com/.../how-to-delete-auc-files.html

a-kow responded on 13 Aug 2018 5:04 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello Crispin,

Thank you for help. Actually, I figured out that all changes were already visible in Visual Studio, but I was looking at SalesTable dataset view, trying to add fields from SalesBasket table - my mistake. And if I am right, I cannot "mix" tables in 'AxSection', because there is no DataMember property, I can use another table in AxGrid for example, selecting another DataMember. So finally I made it the way Microsoft does it, use SalesTable fields and pass it's values to SalesBasket table.

Once again, thanks for your reply.

a-kow responded on 13 Aug 2018 5:04 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hello Crispin,

Thank you for help. Actually, I figured out that all changes were already visible in Visual Studio, but I was looking at SalesTable dataset view, trying to add fields from SalesBasket table - my mistake. And if I am right, I cannot "mix" tables in 'AxSection', because there is no DataMember property, I can use another table in AxGrid for example, selecting another DataMember. So finally I made it the way Microsoft does it, use SalesTable fields and pass it's values to SalesBasket table.

Once again, thanks for your reply.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS