SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Allow picking but block despatch

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Bazstad asked a question on 10 Aug 2018 9:36 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Does anyone know if it is possible to allow a customer sales order to be released and picked, but block the despatch process in AX 2012 R2?

I looked into the credit and collections invoicing and delivery on hold, but that also blocks picking list.

My reason for this is that we have some overseas customers that require a full quote including shipping fees before they pay. We can't get a price for shipping until we have picked out all the goods to see how many cartons we can fit the shipment into, and we can't ship the order until we have received payment from the customer and made a booking for the correct number of cartons with the carrier. Our credit control will not release the pick until the customer has paid for fear that the warehouse will then despatch the goods before payment, so our warehouse currently manually pick out all the stock (off system), put it to one side, get the carton count and shipping costs, then wait for credit control to release the pick, at which point they then mark all the stock as picked and despatch it from AX.

My thoughts were that if we could put a customer on hold for despatch only, the warehouse could pick the stock on system, but then would not be able to mark it as despatched until credit control take the customer off hold.

This is far from ideal as during this time our stocks on AX are out, HHT's aren't used to pick, so mistakes are made, etc...

Any ideas about how to deal with this would be greatly appreciated.

Yohann Rolland responded on 13 Aug 2018 1:30 AM
My Badges

Hello,

What you are trying to achieve in not possible in standard - as far as I know - so you need to do a customization. You can block customers for all, payments, invoice… but not for delivery.

Anyway, my though about that is you shouldn't break the logistic process due to your Financial constraints. It's not common to stop a process after picking and before packing. I think you should let the process run, and add a fee at first base on a prediction of your picking… then adjust it when invoicing.

If it's not possible, I would try to work on a picking simulation process (customization) to be able to send the correct shipping fee before picking.

Bazstad responded on 13 Aug 2018 3:17 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I thought this may be the case - thanks for your response on this.

Bazstad responded on 13 Aug 2018 3:17 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

I thought this may be the case - thanks for your response on this.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS