SBX - Forum Post Title

Purchase order revisions

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Sam Khawaja asked a question on 10 Aug 2018 7:21 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Verified

Hi,

I am looking for a report/ inquiry where it shows the list of PO that have been revised / modified, the name of the user who changed it and the old value and new value of the fields that were changed.

Thanks

Sam

Hello Sam,

Can't this be handled by the PO change management functionality?

Here is a great blog post about this:

gfeaxblog.wordpress.com/.../o365-change-management

Best regards,

Ludwig

Sam Khawaja responded on 11 Aug 2018 8:03 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

The blog works well if you are checking the revisions by every PO (one PO at a time). However, from a procurement management perspective, they would like to see the overall picture and then drill down to exceptions. The like to see  a list of POs , old total values and new values and see who changed it, especially if a certain PO was changed tremendously like from a value of 10k to 50k as an example. Thanks Sam

Suggested Answer

Hello Sam,

I don't think that something like this is available unless you make use of inquiry instruments such as Power BI. But then you need to develop this Power BI metric and dashboard.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Galyna Fedorova responded on 11 Aug 2018 3:48 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Maybe you can check alerts -> notify users when amount is above some threshold

Another option would be to turn on database logging for this table, but it will effect the performance. You can review the usage of external apps to track those changes like FastPath used for compliance. There nice reporting about made changes.

Sam Khawaja responded on 11 Aug 2018 5:44 PM
My Badges

Thanks

Sam Khawaja responded on 11 Aug 2018 8:03 AM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi,

The blog works well if you are checking the revisions by every PO (one PO at a time). However, from a procurement management perspective, they would like to see the overall picture and then drill down to exceptions. The like to see  a list of POs , old total values and new values and see who changed it, especially if a certain PO was changed tremendously like from a value of 10k to 50k as an example. Thanks Sam

Suggested Answer

Hello Sam,

I don't think that something like this is available unless you make use of inquiry instruments such as Power BI. But then you need to develop this Power BI metric and dashboard.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Galyna Fedorova responded on 11 Aug 2018 3:48 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Maybe you can check alerts -> notify users when amount is above some threshold

Another option would be to turn on database logging for this table, but it will effect the performance. You can review the usage of external apps to track those changes like FastPath used for compliance. There nice reporting about made changes.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS