SBX - Forum Post Title

After using “correct” function for grn it creates another new grn

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Shri asked a question on 12 Aug 2018 1:12 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi all,

After using “correct” function for GRN , system creates another new grn for same po.if suppose initially i have posted grn for 2 qty and then i used “correct” fuction and reset the grn qty , system created another new grn for same po.Ideally it iseems to be correct but bcs of this there are 2 grn for same po while client wants single grn for po even though they received the grn partially.

Is it std behaviour..

Is there any setup needs to change in order to have single grn when earlier grn is not reversed

Thanks,

Shri

Shri responded on 13 Aug 2018 12:01 PM
My Badges

Hi all,

Any update'

Actually user created 1 grn and then applied grn correction which result into creating new grn.

Hence now for single po we have 2 grn and user also posted po invoice against one grn. Now user want to reverse one grn, but as invoice is posted this grn cannot be reversed. How can solve this. Please suggest.

Thanks

Shri

Steven Weaver responded on 13 Aug 2018 2:22 PM
My Badges

If you use the correct button on the receipt it will not create a new receipt, it corrects the original receipt. This means if you receive 10 but actually you received 8 and you correct the 10 to 8 the receipt reads 8. There is no "new" GRN reference creation as standard.

Please describe the process you undertook to correct the GRN.

Shri responded on 14 Aug 2018 12:40 PM
My Badges
Steven Weaver responded on 14 Aug 2018 12:47 PM
My Badges

I fear I dont understand your issue. You have a UOM conversion setup for inventory and PO, so it has calculated back from the PO to the inventory UOM - what is your issue with that? That the conversion was configured incorrectly? This seems unrelated to the question you posted?  Are you saying the UOM in the purchase order was incorrect - you can check that, the line tells you the inventory quantity. If you are asking about correcting it you have already invoiced it, so you would need to credit it from the purchase order and completely reverse it, reload it with the correct conversion. This is not really a "correction" your data was incorrect and AX simply processed it the way it was configured :-) Alternatively write off the inventory quantity you never got, but of course your costing is incorrect if you do this.

Shri responded on 14 Aug 2018 12:54 PM
My Badges

Hey Sorry steven. It was posted by mistake.

Regarding my query with "Correct" function on GRN, now the user had already posted po invoice and PO has 2 grns out of which i want to reverse 1 grn.How can i achieve that?

Thanks,

Shri

Steven Weaver responded on 14 Aug 2018 12:57 PM
My Badges

If the invoice is matched to the 2 GRN's you cannot, there is no way to reverse a GRN if it has been invoiced, you need to credit the whole line. The idea here is a) it was verified at receipt and b) when the invoice came in it was matched to the receipt. In this case it was recieved incorrectly and then the invoice was processed incorrectly so you have a double hit. Now you have to credit the entire process and start again.

Shri responded on 14 Aug 2018 1:10 PM
My Badges

Hi Steven,

Can you please elaborate more as i am technical and dont have much functional knowledge

Do I have to follow below steps?

1.Create new PO with negative Quantity,receive,post invoice.(it will reverse previous order impact)

2.Again i have to create new PO with required Qunatity & follow normal process?

Is there any other way to handle this without doing invoice reversal as user might not agree for this approach?

Also, from you i understood , when we use "correct " then system don't create new grn, it only updates existing one which is std behaviour.

Thanks,

Shri

Steven Weaver responded on 14 Aug 2018 1:24 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Ultimately if the customer has invoiced it then they have agreed to the liability. The steps they have taken move it past a GRN correction, it is no longer an open GRN, it is invoiced.

To correct this you create a new purchase order for that vendor and then click on the credit note button on the purchase tab, select the invoice you want to credit and the lines of the original purchase order are added to your new purchase order with inverted quantities. Make sure in the top you dont delete the purchase lines. but do copy everything precisely. You will need to confirm it, ship the product back (unreceipt) and then invoice it to create the credit note. The create the new purchase order and process it through, including the invoice, with the correct settings.

Do this in a copy of the live system first and check you are happy with every step.

Steven Weaver responded on 14 Aug 2018 1:24 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Ultimately if the customer has invoiced it then they have agreed to the liability. The steps they have taken move it past a GRN correction, it is no longer an open GRN, it is invoiced.

To correct this you create a new purchase order for that vendor and then click on the credit note button on the purchase tab, select the invoice you want to credit and the lines of the original purchase order are added to your new purchase order with inverted quantities. Make sure in the top you dont delete the purchase lines. but do copy everything precisely. You will need to confirm it, ship the product back (unreceipt) and then invoice it to create the credit note. The create the new purchase order and process it through, including the invoice, with the correct settings.

Do this in a copy of the live system first and check you are happy with every step.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS