SBX - Forum Post Title

How to display 6 digit decimal on form in ax 2012

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Shri asked a question on 12 Aug 2018 1:17 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi all,

I want to display 6 digit decimal qty value on ax form.how can i do this.(qty is getting saved upto 6 decimal places in sql, i want to show exact figure instead of showing round figure)

I try to change form control property-noofdecimal but i didnt see any difference.

Kindly advise.

Thanks ,

Shri

Martin Dráb responded on 12 Aug 2018 1:40 PM
Suggested Answer

Shri, please use tags to categorize your question, not for copying the whole title there. Also, you must select the AX version in the mandatory version tag and therefore you don't have to repeat it in the title.

Regarding your question, the number of decimals is defined by EDT. But you should thing twice about the impact. If you change the Qty EDT, it will chance across the whole system (and you should test that it applies correctly everywhere, which may be close to impossible). And if you want to change it only at some places, you should start with the analysis of which places you want and then apply a new EDT there.

Martin Dráb responded on 12 Aug 2018 1:40 PM
Suggested Answer

Shri, please use tags to categorize your question, not for copying the whole title there. Also, you must select the AX version in the mandatory version tag and therefore you don't have to repeat it in the title.

Regarding your question, the number of decimals is defined by EDT. But you should thing twice about the impact. If you change the Qty EDT, it will chance across the whole system (and you should test that it applies correctly everywhere, which may be close to impossible). And if you want to change it only at some places, you should start with the analysis of which places you want and then apply a new EDT there.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS