SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

POS barcode with price embedded in AX 2012 R3

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Ivanjia asked a question on 15 Sep 2018 9:44 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

what I trying to do is to read item, quantity, and unit price from a barcode in POS. what should I do to achieve it?

Thanks 

Amith Prasanna responded on 15 Sep 2018 11:54 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

to do this you have to enable Scale Item check box in Item Setup under Retail , also you have to configure bar code accordingly ,

Just Refer community.dynamics.com/.../price-embedded-barcode-in-ax2012 for more information .

Hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards,

Amith Prasanna

Ivanjia responded on 15 Sep 2018 10:00 PM

Hi Amith,

Thanks for your reply.

I enabled the scale item check box in the item setup. It reads the item and quantity correctely from the barcode, but not the unit price.

I didn't set any trade agreement for this item, nor the sales price on the item setup. So, when I scan the barcode, it always shows $0 as the unit price. Here is how I setup the barcode

1PPPPPPQQRRRR

1-prefix

PPPPPP - product ID

QQ - quantity

RRRR - unit price with 2 decimal places

what I want to achieve is when I scan the barcode, the POS should show item: QQ(from barcode) x RRRR(from barcode) = total amount. Is it possible?

Thanks,

Ivan

Amith Prasanna responded on 16 Sep 2018 5:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As I remember you need to indicate/Update pricing per base UOM of your product , what is happening then when you scanned bar-code it will calculate pricing for the quantity form your Item Base UOM.

please refer this also community.dynamics.com/.../149873

and update with your findings.

Thanks & Regards,

Amith Prasanna

Amith Prasanna responded on 15 Sep 2018 11:54 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

to do this you have to enable Scale Item check box in Item Setup under Retail , also you have to configure bar code accordingly ,

Just Refer community.dynamics.com/.../price-embedded-barcode-in-ax2012 for more information .

Hope this will help.

Thanks & Regards,

Amith Prasanna

Amith Prasanna responded on 16 Sep 2018 5:01 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As I remember you need to indicate/Update pricing per base UOM of your product , what is happening then when you scanned bar-code it will calculate pricing for the quantity form your Item Base UOM.

please refer this also community.dynamics.com/.../149873

and update with your findings.

Thanks & Regards,

Amith Prasanna

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS