SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

I need SSRS report to print $CAD invoices to $US dollars

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

Steve Whyte asked a question on 15 Sep 2018 5:35 PM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

I am writing an SSRS report and I need by CAD invoices to be reported in $US.

What are the steps too get this done?

Steve

Suggested Answer

You need to have this data in AX. In AX invoice you have 2 amounts: AmountCur and AmountMST. Cur is amount in invoice line currency and MST is amount in company currency. So if company currency is  CAD  you can use AmountMST in the report.

Steve Whyte responded on 16 Sep 2018 3:52 AM
My Badges

Thanks Ievgen.

If MST is $CDN and I have several invoice lines in $USD, EUR and other currencies, and I want to report all sales in $USD, how do I proceed?

Your help in the steps would help me greatly

Thanks

Steve

So what is the company currency? If it is USD then you don't have any issues, otherwise you need exchange rate to convert them, do you have it in the system?

Steve Whyte responded on 16 Sep 2018 4:05 AM
My Badges

The Company is actually in Jamaica so the company currency is $JMD.

They however make sales in USD, EUR, CDN etc.

I need to write an SSRS report and yes they use exchange rate. I wanted to know when writing the report how do I write the query, what would I read from the various tables?

Steve

The easiest way is to use currency converter class axbeginners.blogspot.com/.../currency-converter-using-x-code.html  in your data provider to convert amounts in AX, then just use it in SSRS report, if you are not familiar with DP concept please refer to this article community.dynamics.com/.../developing-a-ssrs-report-using-the-report-data-provider-in-microsoft-dynamics-ax-2012

Steve Whyte responded on 16 Sep 2018 5:29 AM
My Badges

Than you very much Ievgen,

I will try it later today when I get back home.

Can I give you a shout out it I am having difficulties with this report?

Should I use this medium or can I send you an email directly?

Steve

Just ask here, I'm not the only person who can reply and also please note someone else could have similar question so this thread can be beneficial for other people as well.

Suggested Answer

You need to have this data in AX. In AX invoice you have 2 amounts: AmountCur and AmountMST. Cur is amount in invoice line currency and MST is amount in company currency. So if company currency is  CAD  you can use AmountMST in the report.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS